Bay Broadway Park Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsred squirrelsfree drinksshearings hotelsshearings coach holidayself drivedriver pauldining roomour waiterisle of wightcomedian singerhis knowledgewaltzing watersmain buildingbuffet breakfastexcellent value for moneyoutdoor poolshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Enjoyed our break in general.Dont expect a 5 star hotel..2/3 star I think.

Positives.
Good range of food and enjoyable at all times
Service very good
Waiting staff very good.
Nice enough location
Lovely soft towels
Friendly staff

Negatives
Mildew on window nets & curtains
Carpets threadbare, shrunken in our room 124
Dirty grout in bathroom,poor bath seal,shower hot & cold,rusty grab rail to shower, grubby, vinyl floor tatty.
No duvets, heavy blankets, very soft unsupportive mattresses and pillows on beds
Room storage cupboards like 1980,s MFI style, edging strips missing tatty.
Very cold link corridor to our block to room 124
Rooms not very sound proof
Tv had only 5 channels and again old style portable tv.
Drinks very expensive
Entertainment good on 2 nights , ("Sandra" & the young girl dancer) poor on other 2.
Decor "tired" and tatty.
Hotel needs updating.

Could be a nice hotel with some investment.

Room Tip: Pick a room that has been renovated.Most are 1980,s style.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andy M
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are gradually updating some of our bedrooms on a refurbishment programme which is an ongoing project. We do not claim to be a 5 star hotel which is reflected in the price that you paid for your stay with us, however we do try to deliver excellent customer service for all our guests so that they enjoy their stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was our first trip with Shearings and this hotel is owned by them. We cannot fault any of the organisation for travelling to and from the hotel and the driver of your coach is also your guide and, as others, we found ours (Garry) to be extremely helpful, funny and full of local knowledge. Our four night break was fantastic value for money and included four drinks per person each night and two included excursions - great! We were astounded by the hotel's efficient and fast check-in. Four coaches (200 people approx.) turned up almost altogether and yet we got or keys straight away. The restaurant is OK, but you only have a 1.25 hour time slot, which is a bit limiting and the food, whilst 3 choices and usually hot, was a little like school dinners and was also served very quickly, so you were out of the dining room within 20 minutes or so. I'm not complaining, as the food was included but, were I going individually, I would have eaten out, as dining in the hotel is purely a functional experience. Our bedroom was large and warm enough, but in need of refurbishment. Some of the carpet, in the general public areas in particular, was threadbare and I have to say I noticed that it wasn't being vacuumed. The hotel needs money spent on it. The staff were all excellent, with the exception of the little fair-haired miss behind the bar. Lucas and the dark-haired, bespectacled barmaid were fabulous, but the other girl was sullen and rude. She made me wait (knowing I was there) for a couple of minutes at the bar, whilst she sorted glasses. I had enough and said "could I have some ice please" and she retorted with a very moody "moment!". I never saw her smile and only heard her arguing with her colleague. Our Hungarian waiter was charming and, as I said, all the other staff were friendly and helpful and that alone would bring us back. Entertainment was good, especially Simon Howard, who was very funny and provided us with a full 3 hours entertainment (singing and making jokes). The other performers, on the other evenings, were entertaining as well as being friendly and a good laugh. Had the hotel been more up-to-date and cleaner, it would have got a 4 rating from me, but, sadly, it needs some work. Thank you to our driver, Garry, and to all but one of the lovely staff at The Broadway Park.

Room Tip: I believe there is a newer section of bedrooms at the hotel, so maybe a good idea to try one there, rather than in the old, tired, part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EtoileSanderstead

Thank you for your reveiw, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have noted the points that you have raised and shall deal with them accordingly.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

just returned from this hotel the hotel itsself needs updating rooms pretty basic but however it was a good price meals good staff cant do enough for you. we booked with sheerings as it was our first time with them it wont be our last.well organised. but the coach driver steve was a good driver give us good information about the island. but we fond him quite rude would walk past you no hello completly ignored us. went withowt guests on the trip to the waltzing waters because he decided to leave at 1 15 instead of the said time 1 30. he was very aragant.the hotel could also do with a dam good cleaning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 411valerie
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your first trip with Shearings and you were made to feel welcome. Do return and visit us again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff were very good especially our waitress the room was dirty carpet needs replacing the bathroom was dirty no shower curtains and to fill the bath you had to run the water through the shower ( but there was no way I would use the bath!!! )its a shame the building is lovely but it needs a lot of work done.Also the fire doors were wedged open.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank IMPORTANT186298

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we are gradually upgrading some of the bedrooms which will make a great improvement. I am glad that all the staff made you welcome.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotels rooms Are very dirty and need a complete makeover. The bath room was disgusting and filthy. Room 208. The beds were uncomfortable with ripped headboard. Car park too small had to park away from hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank ADW1954

I was disppointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do not have any record of you reporting to reception that you were not satisfied with your accommodation, if you had we would have been able to offer to you an alternative room and address the issues regarding the cleanliness.