“Very Good”

Ranked #19 of 58 Restaurants in Sandown
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Royal China, a beautiful high class restaurant situated in sunny Sandown and a minutes walk away from the beach, only a short distance from the pier.We are open all-year-round with 25 years of experience in fine cuisine, we invite you to our restaurant for a divine meal with a calm, relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

One of the best Chinese restaurants ever tried. I must say that 5 pounds surcharge is way too much! This is the only negative aspect of an otherwise excellent restaurant! Very very well cooked prawns and noodles.

1  Thank Gemini R

Reviewed March 8, 2013

we went here after reading the reviews on here.
The food was ok I personally would not write home about it.
We had Duck for starter this was very nice to be fair. Then we had a few main dishes,
Sweat & Sour Squid, Singapoure Noodles, Egg fried rice and Sizzling Beef, Squid was ok when hot but as the food got colder began to tate bland, Beef was very tough,
It wasnt our best chinese but I think im spoilt living near China Town.

1  Thank doonutt2
Reviewed March 3, 2013

we walked in and it was extremely busy we were seated in 5 minutes and the food was lovely as was the service.

1  Thank mary w
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were a party of 5 adults and two children on a Thursday evening, well out of season.
The restaurant was suprisingly busy and there was a warm friendly atmosphere. The staff were friendly and attentive and interacted well with the children as well as the adults. Service was prompt and each of the dishes was of a really high standard. We all agreed that it was among the best we had had. I can thoroughly recommend this place and will certainly make a point of going again on my next visit to the island.

1  Thank GranfalloonUk
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We regularly visit the Royal China and always have a great time. The food is very good and I can recommend the Tom Yam soup to start followed by this Satay Chicken. Another great dish is the Mussels in Black Bean sauce.

The service is second to none and I always get a warm welcome of 'Hello Mr Smith'.

We often also have take always as well and again the service is always exceptionally quick.

I would recommend the Royal China for locals and tourists wanting to have a great meal in an authentic setting.