“Art, peace, wonderful food”

Capucine et Chevrefeuille
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montigny-sur-Armancon
Capucine et Chevrefeuille
Melbourne, Australia
“Art, peace, wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

A lovingly reconstructed old farm house, and attached is a stone mason's workshop.
Catherine made us the best tomato tart I've had, and sent me the recipe when I got back to England. She's a fab cook!

Her chap, the stone mason, shared his awesome fig wine, made with the leaves, very tasty. If you like peace, art, good food and conversation (in mostly French), this place is for you. Unpretentious. The village is peaceful and pretty, a nice place to stroll around.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jake F

Families
Solo
Business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I booked the chambre d'hôte, as a one night stop-over on our way to the south of France. We ended up by staying 3 nights and if I had it my way, I would have spent our full holiday at this gite.
Catherine, the host, has one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. She has built it up brick by brick, and just spending a day looking at all the little details in the house is a feast for the eyes. To add to this, her cooking is creative and delicious and with good burgundy wine to flow. The surroundings absolutely breath taking. Whether a night, a week or a month - stay here - you'll love it! And probably end up singing along to some French song while Catherine plays the accordeon and her husband Arso some kind of banjo, in a beautiful country house whilst looking at beautiful paintings on the wall... Oh yes they are both artists: so look in the shop/atelier pick up a gift or two as I promise you will need a souvenir... Your stay will be so memorable!!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Capucine et Chevrefeuille? Share your experiences!