“Awesome afternoon tea !!”
Review of The Wellbeing Farm

The Wellbeing Farm
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Edgworth
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Wellbeing Farm is a fun and unique farm wedding venue that tailors its events specifically to you. The farm certainly isn't an ordinary wedding venue and they firmly believe in celebrating their difference and letting couples show off their personalities in whatever creative ways they wish. The farm is located in the stunning Lancashire countryside and is the perfect country chic venue for you to create a unique wedding experience that will reflect your personalities. The farm specialises in relaxed, fun, quirky, magical weddings where you have excusive use of the venue and everything from the food and styling, to the entertainment can be tailored to your every dream and desire. Unlike a hotel venue, there are no staying guests to disturb so you can choose to have indoor and outdoor entertainment if you wish. The farm is perfect for those who want a Pinterest style Barn wedding, but don't have the time or resources to fully transform a venue. In your hire price we provide a fantastic range of props for you to use free of charge which are great for creating fabulous photographs. Even their animals like to get in on the action! So if you have always dreamt of having fluffy llamas and adorable big eared donkeys alongside you both in your wedding photos, they can do that too. They have our own award-winning butchers and Cookery School so formal dinners, buffets, vintage afternoon teas, BBQs, hog roast suppers and more can all be prepared for you by their amazing chefs using home grown and local produce wherever we can. So far nothing has been too strange here at The Wellbeing Farm. Just ask! Our features include: Unique farm wedding venue Located in the stunning Lancashire countryside Rustic barn available for all sizes of events Ability to host both indoor and outdoor entertainment Great scenery and props to use for wedding photographs SORRY BUT WE ARE NOT A PETTING FARM AND UNFORTUNATELY DO NOT OFFER ACCESS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WITHOUT A PRIOR BOOKING.
bolton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome afternoon tea !!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We celebrated my wife's birthday yesterday with afternoon tea at the farm. From us arriving to leaving we couldn't have asked for better service. The attitude and professionalism of the staff is second to none. The afternoon tea is simply amazing. We are very much foodies and travel all over sampling different cuisines at all levels. I would say that this is by far the best afternoon tea we have encountered. The attention to detail, the food choice and the quality are all just perfect. I would go as far as too say, I challenge anyone to find fault with any aspect of the afternoon tea. We will definitely be returning to indulge further.Well worth it !!

1 Thank j5kol

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“First visit so impressed”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Went today Easter Monday just really to look around. There were farm animals a petting area for children plus other animal attractions. Decided to eat and had the butchers platter for two. Firstly may I say how welcoming and friendly the young staff were. The food was excellent plentiful and reasonably priced. They offer a huge range of food and craft courses which we may try . Altogether a very enjoyable experience we will be back.

1 Thank Bazza0
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Farm?”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

this is not a place to take children who are expecting to see lots of farm animals..( I quite like the idea of it not being a "petting "place as I think farm animals should be out in the open) ..so that's fine by me.

the restaurant , however is just that , a restaurant .. it is not a snack place for a drink and sandwich.. unless you reserve a party , the service is lacking .. the food albeit is very good, but the flustered staff and cramped quarters make for a very stressful eating experience , I would hate to see it on a very busy sunny sunday .. PARTIES TAKE PRIORITY ...

4 Thank judge13
CJGBolton, Owner at The Wellbeing Farm, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to feedback about your experience at The Wellbeing Farm - although I am upset to read you had an unfavourable one, but glad you thought our food was very good.

Our farm attempts to focus on educating children about where food comes from - we do not have a lot of farm animals and every animal on the farm (apart from the llamas, donkeys and rabbits) is used in some way or other in the production of food hence we do not charge entry to the farm. We are a restaurant, but we also offer a varied menu and I disagree with your point about customers not being able to access a drink and a sandwich as we have a full varied menu and most of our customers come back again and again without booking, appreciating the quality food offer we provide.

I have to also disagree with your point about only visiting unless you are a party - I am sorry that you felt cramped by our dining accommodation that day when you arrived - normally we have a lovely spacious dining area which is on two levels. We have already recognised that as we are getting so popular at the weekends, a new policy has been implemented around limiting children's parties to morning's only. Unfortunately due to the popularity of our children's parties, they are booked so far in advance and we have a number of long-standing bookings which we need to honour, which occurred prior to us changing our policy.

Whilst you were at the farm, there was always the option to move upstairs to our specious dining area where we have a further eight tables. If you had pointed out to one of the waiting staff that you felt cramped and stressed by our busy downstairs atmosphere, we would have moved you immediately to our calming upstairs room..

I hope this experience does not put you off visiting the farm again and if you do happen to visit again, then please ask to be moved if you don't like the table you chose.

Kind regards

Celia Gaze
Managing Director
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food in a fantastic location!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I booked a table on Mother's Day by recommendation! I defiantly wasn't disappointed! The three course meal was fabulous and cooked perfectly! I would recommend to anyone. They have started opening for
evening meals on a Friday so I think I will make an experience!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jonnyboy1234
CJGBolton, Owner at The Wellbeing Farm, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience at The Wellbeing Farm even more so when you have been recommended to visit.

We have a fantastic new Head Chef - Robert who is transforming our dining offer and I am pleased this investment is starting to pay off by the quality food we are serving - it is always lovely to hear from people who appreciate what we are striving to create at The Wellbeing Farm "quality food in a great location" and we look forward to seeing you at one of our Friday night dining experiences.

Kind regards

Celia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentines Day dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Excellent evening with my wife and two friends. A very friendly greeting, friendly and efficient service and a great meal which was well cooked and imaginatively presented.

Visited February 2014