Starting with the initial booking, the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating.
Upon arrival, we were met at the entrance, welcomed to the resort, our car was valet parked and we were treated like long lost friends! Our golf clubs were taken to the golf range and our luggage was taken to our room.
The accommodation comprises a number of cottages close to the main lodge. The room can only be described as fantastic. There is a large bedroom/lounge with an open fire; a very large bathroom with separate his & hers washbasins and counters, separate shower and toilet; a dressing room with drawers and plenty of hanging space; and a well stocked mini-bar (beer, soft drinks and snacks are complimentary).
The golfing facilities are first class. The views from the course can only be described as unbelievable – it has just been voted 2nd best views from any golf course in the world. Greg the professional, was extremely helpful and also a very good teacher. Nothing was too much trouble for him to organise. The course was very quiet so we could play when we wanted. The course is pretty long at 7119 yards off the blue tees, but a more manageable 6489 yards off the whites. The ladies have a choice of 5774 yards off the reds or 4897 yards off the yellows. The course was in great condition and provided a good test of your golf in the gentle breeze on the days we played.
Prior to dinner every evening there is a cocktail hour with complimentary drinks. Dinner varies from a standard menu to a 5 course tasting menu. Wine is extra during your meal.
The Spa which has only been here for 10 months but is well established also provided an excellent service with a good variety of treatments and very friendly staff. It also has a lap pool, gym, hot-tub and sauna which are open to all guests.
During our stay the staff could not have been more helpful. They suggested ways in which to make our stay more enjoyable and were also very willing to organise offsite activities for you, such as sea fishing or sight-seeing trips.
All in all, we had a fantastic 3 night holiday at Kauri Cliffs and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay