We found Kauri Cliff on the internet while searching for a special place for New Years Eve during our recent trip to New Zealand. Having stayed at Huka Lodge a few years ago , Huka was our first choice but could not accomodate our two year old at their New Years Eve dinner. John (the assistant manager) at Kauri just said "of course we can" which was typical of the unbelievably faultless can-do and very personalised approach to service at Kauri Cliffs. It has one of the most beautiful settings of anywhere we have ever visited in the world. We booked for 2 nights and just couldn't leave, we ended up extending our stay for a further 7 nights. The food is excellent, the setting perfect and the experience unforgettable. Before leaving we booked for New Year 2005!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay