I stayed at Kauri for two nights in October 2012 - it was a great experience. One of the main reasons for the trip was to play golf - the course is amazing and maintained beautifully. We must have been there at a quiet time as for a while I was the only player on the course!
It is a very expensive place to stay, but I would recommend it to anyone to treat yourself. My wife was a bit concerned that it could be a bit over the top but we found all the staff to be incredibly friendly and we had a really relaxing stay.
The lodge is amazing and decorated in a Hamptons style - one of the highlights was having dinner in one of the private rooms overlooking the course and sea. There were not many people staying and rather than having our meal in an empty dining room we were treated to great food in front of a blazing fire.
The accomodation is also well worth the stay and equal to any luxury lodge we have stayed in Asia. Included is an open fire, very large walk in robe and bathroom with seperate bath and shower. Although expensive it would probably be three times the size of a typical hotel room.
I will certainly return on our next trip to New Zealand and would recommend staying here to anyone who can manage the cost - it's worth splashing out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay