“Polite, clean and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bank View Cafe

Bank View Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Langsett
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stamford
“Polite, clean and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've been visiting Bank View on an intermittent basis now for some time, and have always found the service polite, the food good and the prices very reasonable, but this is a CAFE not a restaurant, so don't expect cordon blue.i don't normally write reviews, but having read the rubbish written by by T W under rude rude rude dirty dirty dirty I felt I had to respond.
If you go into an eating establishment with FOUR smelly, I'll behaved noisy dogs WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU EXPECT!!!?
Are the rest of ht downers customers expected to tolerate this invasion of their space and peace?
Next time leave the dogs outside or take a picnic!
To every other normal rational human being, I'd recommend Bank View as a good, reasonably priced cafe

• Visited November 2012

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“RUDE RUDE RUDE DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

OMG Do not visit this dirty run down hovel. After a most magnificent walk around Langsett (one of the most beautiful places to go to if you are ever in the area) 3 adults and 4 dogs (2 of which are puppies) decided to go for light refreshments at the Bank View Cafe, what a MASSIVELY WRONG decision. After asking if it was infact ok to bring dogs inside, response "yes if you sit out of the way". We did as there was hardly anybody there (obvious reason). The tables were all dirty from previous customers, cups left out and plates (not many of which were empty I may add). After 20 minutes of perusing the very limited menu no-one had still come to take our order in all this time, despite the place only having 4 customers, one of the puppies let out a yap, and mayber another 3 or 4 obviuosly we told him to hush up and played with him to keep him quiet and gave him a biscuit to keep him occupied. All the time before this time before hand all 4 dogs were sat on the floor minding thier own business, unlike another dog that was already there sat on the owners lap. To our utter astonishment from over the counter not looking up but bellowing in our general direction "I DONT MIND IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DOG BUT SHUT IT UP" You can actually imagine what we did, we stood and said I think we will be going somewhere else. I would rather die of starvation than give this pathetic excuse of a cafe my business, please if you value ,manners and your health STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank T W
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Understaffed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having had a lovely walk around Langsett Reservoir on a fine Autumn Sunday, the pair of us were looking forward to a coffee and cake at the packed cafe, However only 3 staff were working and after 30 minutes still waiting to be served we reluctantly left. Felt really sorry for the staff as they were doing their best but were let down by their management

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Howard H
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

After walking round Langset Resivoir my family and i thought it as a nice treat to top in at Bank View Cafe, although its placed next to a busy main road the double glazed windows keep the noise out. We found excellent service here, as well as being an dog friendly cafe it had a lovely little beer garden round the back. The Yummy Yorkshire Ice Cream was very tasty and the food was all lovely, I would strongly reccomend . I now visit Bank View cafe on a regular basis.

• Visited August 2012
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Excellent and polite service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having visited this cafe regularly around twenty years ago and moved away from the area I decided to re-visit on my way to the Peak District.
The welcome was very friendly and the waitress was polite and efficient. My request for soya milk and gluten free food was fulfilled with courtesy and enthusiasm. Thank you to you all at Bank View. It was great to revisit an old haunt.

• Visited September 2012