“Good Lunch”
Review of La Terraza

La Terraza
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had just arrived in Gibraltar and stopped here for lunch until our apartment was ready just down the road at Sandy bay. Both of us had the Moroccan chicken which went down very well,the staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was reasonably priced. Lovely view of Catalan bay in front of us,a few resturants have closed down here,hopefully this one will keep going,will visit again next year on our next holiday.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (120)

Reviewed September 10, 2019

It’s National Day. Everyone is out. All the tables are reserved but they have set aside a few for ‘walk ins’. We were greeted with lovely smiles from all the staff. Our drinks and food were served very quickly with smiles and banter. All in all five star treatment and good food. Atmosphere is great. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019

I ate here as a solo diner. On both visits the front waiter was welcoming and attentive. The setting and view is amazing which is a huge plus. The calamari was ok, good portion size, I didn’t try anything else so I am unable to comment further on the food. I would definitely choose this restaurant over the neighbouring restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 11, 2019

Do not let the pleasant decor and location of this restaurant deceive you. We ordered bread and olives, the tuna steak, calamari, montaditos and muscles to eat. The bread, olives and montaditos were nice, but the rest ... dry, clearly not fresh, the calamari was like rubber: all in all, quite inedible. When the waiter finally checked in with us, we explained that we felt dissatisfied by some of the food, only for that to be completely invalidated - no apologies or assurance, but only 'this is the best food we can expect in Gibraltar and they 'never receive complaints'' ... We politely asked if there was a member of management around that we could speak too, to which he also declined. Eventually someone was brought along, and whilst we explained we'd happily pay for the parts of the meal we enjoyed, we did not wish to pay for the parts of the meal that were barely touched and that we did not enjoy. This was completely disregarded by *I'm guessing the manager of some sort* and that we had to pay the full fee - that there was absolutely nothing that they could do, or rather, wanted to do. The situation got ever more ludicrous when they informed us they would be phoning the local authorities due to this disagreement ... followed by some rather distasteful comments about me being British, which made me feel as if the actual problem was rooted with myself, and not our views on the food. In the end, a small compromise was made in deducting the tuna off the bill, and at that point it just was just distressing and upsetting to be there, and I just wanted to leave. I hope that they take this review as a wake up call to perhaps be more accommodating and less discourteous, especially for those visiting from outside of Gibraltar.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank e360v
Reviewed June 14, 2019

They serve a lovely gazpacho and a great octopus salad. Very friendly service also in a lovely location.

Date of visit: June 2019