“o i do like to be at the seaside”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marlborough Hotel

and 1 more site!
Marlborough Hotel
Ranked #21 of 24 Whitley Bay B&B and Inns
york
“o i do like to be at the seaside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

A good old fashioned seaside holiday, fantastic veiws, staff brill and the restrant next door was delisious. will come back to do some shopping

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

The hotel was really fine, bit old and worn around the edges. The staff were friendly and helpful, the place itself was fine - just not as good as most other places we've stayed all around the UK. It's very much in keeping with the area, probably seen better days.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
home bird UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

It is the 1st hotel I have had to pay for on arrival, most likely because you wouldn’t stay if you didn’t. I was only booked in for 2 nights and had to live out of my suitcase as I didn't get the room I was booked into until the 2nd day. This replacement room had two enornormous chandeliers on the table by the window, a broken chair and mattresses stored in it. I had to accept this as it was the only available room downstairs. The second room was unsuitable as I am disabled and had to climb over the double bed (in a single room) to close the curtains and turn the tv on and off. There was nothing posted up anywhere to say when the dining room opened for breakfast so I had to ask when I arrived what time breakfast was (7.30am-9.00am), I was not told the dining room only opened at 8am on a Saturday, I had to ring for an explanation only to be told people like a lie in on Saturday, yet we had to be out for 10.30am if we were leaving. The cooked breakfast was laughable. I cannot eat eggs and do not like mushrooms but a replacement was not offered and the proportions were tiny. 1 small piece of bacon, 1 sausage, a dessertspoonful of beans and a quarter of an uncooked tomato. I had been given two slices of toast but when I asked the waitress for 1 more slice she sucked in her breath as if I was asking for the impossible. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Be warned.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank sannanHomeBird

Travelers are raving about these Whitley Bay hotels

Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

I put a review on here earlier, but the place has changed ownership. The rooms are still Ok but the service is completely different. At breakfast we were never offered a cook breakfast, I think he just forgot us!! We waited but were ignored. It was noted by a hotel inspector who was at the next table. These people have no people skills, they do not know how to handle people at all. I used to look forward to my frequent stays here but all this has changed.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank paulandsonja2
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

Absolutely terrible.
served an uncooked egg for breakfast which the proprioter then tried to warm up under a grill! was then brought out the same cold food on the same plate. was challanged for raising the fact that the food was uncooked. told not to dare complain as no-one else had done so -which was not true as we'd heard another guest complaining about the lack of advertised services. proprietor then began to involve other guests in the dining room. she was threatning and abusive. it was like a scene from Fawlty Towers but not funny.
we'd stayed here last year before it changed hands and what a difference. The present owners need a lesson in people skills and manners. we were made to pay up front and now know why! The Hotel Inspector would struggle to inprove this place. Avoid at all costs.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The abuse given by the female proprietor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Clita R
Dawlish, Devon, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

Felt right from the moment I checked in. Friendly & personal welcome. Clear information. Comfortable, clean & well organised single en suite room. Quiet - apart from the high winds outside (!) and an excellent breakfast pleasantly served in an attractive dining-room. I would definitely make this my first choice whenever I return to the area.

Stayed March 2008
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2007

A fantastic hotel on the seafront, with magnificent views out across the North Sea. Alan is a fine gentleman and the perfect host, thanks for such attention to detail and such a warm welcome. Five star.

• Liked — Cleanliness & Views
  • Disliked — I coundn't stay longer
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)