“Well worth a visit”

The Vintage Powder Room & Tea Shop
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This quirky business offers a range of vintage inspired services and products. We have a beautiful tea room serving afternoon tea, hot and cold drinks and sweet treats and a 1950s inspired powder room offering a range of beauty treatments by highly experienced staff who are passionate about the vintage look. Come along for vintage inspired hair pin ups, curling, make up, make overs and vintage wedding hair and beauty. Packages can be booked by hen parties, baby showers, group bookings etc.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We hired the vintage tea room and powder room for my nieces babyshower . The staff were extremely helpful nothing was to much trouble the food was yummy so many choices of cakes delicious . We couldn't fault it . We will certainly return again .

There are newer reviews for The Vintage Powder Room & Tea Shop

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My partner and I visited here a couple of weeks ago and called in on the offchance. Once seated, the service was slow and I think there may of been only two staff. The young mother who was working in the kitchen appeared to also be a waitress and so attended tables dressed in her 1930s style clothes. Whether she removed her chefs whites before she left the kitchen I will never know but I suspect she never wore them. Now I know small businesses need to be multi skilled but I am not sure she was appropriately dressed. If there was a chef, then why was service so slow for such a few customers ? Perhaps the manager standing talking on her mobile phone did`nt help in the equation.
This business seriously needs a kick up the preverbial to get it into gear. Passed this shop today, only one table occupied whilst all the other cafe`s were very busy. Come on Manageress, these recent adverse comment must be telling you something !

1  Thank HesterHartley
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friend and I bought this voucher on Living Social and were really looking forward to a lovely girly afternoon of a Vintage Afternoon tea, looking at some vintage clothes and we also booked to get our nails done in the Powder Room. For £9 for two the afternoon tea voucher and £14 each for the nails we thought it would be a nice treat....it wasnt!!!
We booked our table about 4 weeks prior for 2pm. We arrived at 2pm and were sat on the tiniest table in the room which could hardly fit our cups and saucers on let alone an afternoon tea service. We were given our tea pot and then after waiting 15 minutes our afternoon tea arrived. The afternoon tea was absolutely rubbish. The sandwiches (cucumber and salmon/cheese) were on shop bought awful white bread with margerine clumped in the middle- not nice- and they equated to 2 mouthfulls of food. We had 1 small scone each with shop bought jam and what tasted like squirty cream from a can, none of it tasted fresh or exciting. To finish, our "dessert" was a microscopic macaroon each (no bigger than a 10p coin!). Needless to say, after looking forward to an indulgent afternoon tea we were left hungry and not impressed.
Before finishing our afternoon tea we informed the waitress that we were also having our nails done and she said they were aware and that we wouldnt be waiting long. However, three pots of tea later, we were finally taken through to the "Beauty Parlour". We were given 5 colours of nail varnish to chose from and not one was a natural colour (which we wanted) so we ended up having to chose brown and burgundy as these were the most easy to wear colours she had. I sat on a chaise lounge chair for over 1 hour whilst waiting for my friend to have her nails done. During having our nails done several different customers we being brought in and out of the room all of the time to look at the vintage clothes which were on a small rail at the back of the powder room. With around 10 dresses to look at I'd hardly say it was a "collection" of vintage clothes and it certainly wasnt worth disturbing us for- thank god I wasnt having a bikini wax that day! To get our nails done we had to sit on a small plastic chair bent over a small table with our hands crossed as the beautician couldnt fit all of her equipment on the table - very uncomfortable and our backs were killing afterwards - and there was little to no light in the room so my nails we painted different colours and an absolute mess because neither myself or the beautician could see what she was doing. It also took an hour to have my nails done too. I was then left devastated to have to pay £14 for the privilege of having to have lost 3 hours off my life waiting in a tea rooms with under-painted nails, different colours which, despite meant to being "chip proof", chipped off a day later! Whilst waiting for my friend to have her nails done, I also used the bathroom. The "toilet" was in fact a wooden hut in the corner of the garage at the very back of the building which was not nice at all, freezing cold and noisy.
It was the most bizarre and awkward experience I've ever had and despite the voucher being £9 I wouldnt pay half that for what we got - it was that bad- and I certainly will not be getting my nails done again there anytime soon!!

2  Thank Emsreviews2014
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Booked in for afternoon tea at 2.30pm the lady said she had earmarked a table for my friend and I but someone came in and sat in it!. We were offered to go into another room to sit on a chaise lounge with a complimentary cuppa whilst we waited for a table. We never sat on the chaise lounge as it was not big enough for two people and the complementary cuppa never came. At 2.50 we sat at a table and 15 minutes later we were still sitting without anything to eat or drink, this is now ¾ hr later than booked. I had to go to the counter and ask them for at least a cup of tea. Eventually we got the tea and even more eventually the afternoon tea came. It was a disgrace. Smoked salmon and cream cheese and plain cucumber sandwiches with thick margarine spread on. A plain stale scone, supermarket pack style, with jam and aerosol squirty cream, not thick clotted cream which you would expect. Then two tiny macaroons were the cakes, the type which shops include in their party food packs. We used a voucher for this but the idea from these deals is that if it’s good then we would go back. Never again! Service and food both need improvement.

2  Thank Phoenixbod
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I popped in today for a coffee to escape the cold and wind...what a lovely surprise. The theme and decor of the cafe is genuine vintage - no twee nonsense here. Both the ladies I spoke to were lovely - very jealous of their outfits! A coffee to accompany reading the paper turned into a large flat white accompanied by sweet waffles with Greek yoghurt and sliced bananas...mm mm mm!

The cafe was very busy for a Friday morning (pre-lunch) which is a good sign as Park View does have a competitive cafe scene. Quirky touches such as a gramophone and vintage cushions on display...plus some hand crafted items for sale. I think there are beauty treatments available - but I didn't enquire about these, so can't comment.

I will definitely be back to sample the afternoon tea...from what I saw today, it will be served with (genuine) vintage crockery and the offer of free refills for tea and coffee.

Mainly female clientèle...but I think this is the target audience...I'll be bringing my mam to test the afternoon tea!

Thank you for a delicious brunch on my day off :-)