“Becoming a nuisance?”

Ranked #8 of 18 things to do in Whitley Bay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Becoming a nuisance?”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Always loved bringing my children here. Excellent space, clean toilets, clean highchairs, great for parking etc. Generally the staff have always been pleasant but recently this has changed. We have started to feel as though we are bothering them by coming. If you watch the staff they are often rolling their eyes between each other when the place is getting loud or of children are unsettled. Beginning to feel as though the children are bothering them and it's making for an uncomfortable atmosphere. Definitely not all the staff, the lady with the dark hair (?owner) and also the lady with the very short blond hair are lovely. Personally I would spend in excess of £20 per week here and I'm starting to rethink coming back.

Visited May 2014
6 Thank Aimee K

Newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some miserable staff, but a nice place.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Lovely soft play for younger children however there are a couple members of staff who have a tendency to roll their eyes or pull faces when children act like children. The same members of staff seem to have a miserable attitude with kids and even adults sometimes.
Food is nice, and I think fairly priced.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Newstuff1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“handy location for busy dads/mums/grans/and so on”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Always fab with the kids, loads of place to sit down and read a book while they play! Been to and had many a kids party here! a little overpriced but a big hit with all our family.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank megan f
newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“WILL NOT GO BACK......”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

One of the staff there was hurrendous with my little 12 month old girl. First of all, kids are running around table area with cars ect and so was my child I turned my head to find her standing in a kitchen doorway (with open door and no gate) and a member of staff shouting at her OUT..OUT very angry!!! She is a bloody baby. I would understand if she nicely took her out. But she obvuisoly thought no one was watching. My baby does not understand. I ran over and took her away and the woman's attitude sharp changed.
Play area is not very big. It's good for smaller ones but it's very crowded.it is over priced like other reviewers have said.
Will not go back.

Visited March 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for smaller children”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Treehouse is a firm favourite with myself and many friends. It has a baby area (extra charge for this) a smaller toddler area and a larger children's area. The staff are always very friendly and the place is kept very clean! The toilets are also set out with children in mind - they have toilet training seats for small bums, and wipes and nappy sacks in the changing area.

My (almost) four year old is starting to outgrow it now, but for threes and under I'd highly recommend.

Visited September 2013