“Scrummy pancakes!”

Sugarloaf
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Newly refurbished cafe with great food and friendly staff
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am a regular at sugarloaf and adore the food. I struggle to order anything other than the pancakes, but when I drag myself away from these I am always impressed! Lovely sandwiches and excellent breakfasts! Refit is excellent, loving the booth!

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I always thought the Sugarloaf (over the past year) was great but the inside let it down. Now I have been back and since the refurb it is awesome. As always the food, service & value was top notch but now the inside finally is on par.

You must go hear even if it is just for a coffee, homemade brownie and a chance to get it free by becoming top scorer on their arcade games.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Best food in Whitley bay, staff are all really friendly. Really enjoy eating here regularly! I would recommend this cafe to anyone who asked where to eat in Whitley Bay.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been a faithful customer of Sugarloaf for years and I love it. Food is always delicious and fresh with a lovely choice. It's great for vegetarians like me which is refreshing even though I am a creature of habit and choose my old favourites. I recently managed to get along for lunch (It's usually just breakfast or coffee) and my vegetarian burger was so delicious and impressive I even took a picture of it for my facebook page. Sad but true.
Sugarloaf recently closed for a refit and it was remarkable how much we all missed it! Glad to have them opened again with the usual excellent, efficient, caring and friendly staff. They are all obviously much happier now they have more kitchen room too! Keep it up Sugarloaf!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm usually the pretty adventurous type when it comes to food, but despite the number of times i've been back to Sugarloaf, I cant help but go back to the pancakes (with bacon and maple syrup).

Sure, I've had the full English (delicious, thick doorstop slices of toast that you have to dislocate your jaw to get through!) which is great, but the pancakes at Sugarloaf at breakfast time is something me and the family (two young girls and the wife) love coming back for time and again when we have an hour to kill.

Fab welcoming place that has also injected a bit of fun with the recent revamp. Nice touch getting local artists in for the wall murals.