“AMAZING”
Review of Zamorins

Zamorins
Ranked #6 of 175 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Description: We have a spacious and well laid out 85 seat dining space with a ten-seat lounge, great for a date, friends & family get-together, team dining. Our restaurant is also wheelchair accessible and offers high-chairs for kids. We are specialized in South-Indian cuisine however we do have a menu that constitutes some of the best Indian culinary inventions.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second visit with friends and I must say I just love the food served here. The restaurant offers a variety of Chicken, Lamb, and Beef options and vegetarian dishes are wonderful. I tried the Masala Dosa this time and just loved it. A good blend of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, nice ambiance and lovely staff. Will be back again.

925augustinen, Owner at Zamorins, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much Nina for taking the time to Review us on your second visit to Zamorins. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Masala Dosa . Please visit us again in the future.
Nebu

Write a reviewReviews (159)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a dinner trip from Newcastle to Whitley Bay, but the travel was worth it. Exceptional food and service delivered so elegantly by the staff at Zamorins.
I would highly recommend this place for an epic experience of the delicious South Indian cuisine.

Date of visit: November 2019
925augustinen, Owner at Zamorins, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you Siddharth for taking the time to Review .We are so glad you had a good experience here at Zamorins. Thanks once again for recommending us and hope to see you again soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly staff and a good choice of food.. The portions are quite large so we struggled to finish... But it was tasty...but I was hoping for something a bit more authentic rather than like every other Indian restaurant around...

Dear Stephen Francisco,

Thank you for visiting Zamorins and taking the time to Review . We are delighted to hear you had a good experience at Zamorins and you think the food is tasty.
Next time please try Masala dosa , Monk fish Mappas or Beef Varattiyathu which all are much variant to other Indian Restaurants.

But sorry to say we had to add some of the country's favourite curry dishes too in the menu due to customer requests. But there is a lot to try from the southern Indian Cuisine in the Menu. Please ask any member of staff on your next visit and taste the memorable dishes of our Chefs from Kerala.

We hope you come back so we can give you a true 'Southern Indian ' experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very impressed with the quality of the food and service. Sharing platter was excellent - quality food beautifully cooked (even the humble onion bhajis were among the best I've tasted) & the simple basics e.g. peshwari naan & mushroom pilau rice were much tastier & more flavourful than any normal Indian Restaurant! Main courses were also good! Probably a touch on the expensive side (113 for 3 people) but we did have 2 bottles of wine! Easily the best Indian meal I have tasted since I returned to the north-east in 2016 & I lived in Birmingham for 45 years so I know a thing or two about Indian food!! I will definitely be back!

1  Thank FWMcC49

Wow ......❤.
Thank you so much Felipe for this outstanding review following your dining at Zamorins. We are thrilled to read you enjoyed the taste of every bit you had here. Our chefs work diligently to create memorable and delicious dishes.
Thank you once more for your commendation and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I must start off by saying that this is a lovely restaurant. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the ambience was very welcoming. The menu is really interesting with some new dishes that I have never tried before and the food was very tasty, fresh, plenitful and full of flavour.

The only issue we had was that we both ordered very different dishes; i had the LAMB, LENTIL & SPINACH CURRY dish and my friend had the CHICKEN JALFREIZI dish which, you would think, would be very different.

When the food was placed on the table, both meals looked the same except for the choice of meat and some different chilli peppers. On trying each others food we came to the conclusion that it was exactly the same sauce but with different meat. This may not be so, but we personally couldn't tell the difference.

Thankfully, though, as the food was rather tasty we can overlook this and we will certainly be back and will try something different next time.

Dear JJD Tynewear,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review following your recent visit to Zamorins. We are very grateful for your kind words about our staff and tasty food. We take your comments very seriously about the texture of both the dishes you had felt almost the same .

We would love to see you return and your commendation helps us to keep on learning and improve the quality of our dishes .