TripAdvisor

“Avoid unless psychic”

The Mad Hatter Cake Boutique
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Ramsey
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Traditional sandwiches, jackets, full english breakfast, fish and homecut chips, homemade soups, meals, cakes and scones, bulgarian cuisine and many more.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worse experience I have had for many years. Menu wasn’t particularly exciting but we opted for BBQ chicken wrap and chips. This is what it said on the board. So when it came filled with cheese (which I cannot eat) I apologetically sent it back. The waitress said ‘oh dear, did you just want BBQ chicken?’ Yes, I did. So why, when it came back it was stuffed with BBQ chicken AND COLESLAW? I detest coleslaw. I sent it back, by this time my husband had almost finished his, so I did without and paid and left. Never saw any cakes on offer or on menu, the toilets? Someone said ‘basic’ - that is being extremely generous.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (86)

Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

A good cafe serving good, honest home made food well presented and made on the premises.
Very nice posh waitress too.
Whole place a total contrast with the mediocre fare elsewhere in this one horse town.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Our visits were unplanned, we found this to be a charming cafe, serving delicious food. Very much enjoyed. A handy stop if visiting this town

Reviewed July 17, 2019

We popped in for a bite of lunch on a Saturday only to find the poor waiter was rushed off his feet. He seemed to have no support to serve probably about 20 people (the place was full) so it took 20 minutes before we were even able to order. Another 10 minutes for drinks to arrive and then food some time after that. The food was really just okay.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

Nice tea and cakes, but downside is the toilets are upstairs and basic. Cash only no cards taken. . .