“Excellent hotel for a family break”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramsey Park Hotel

Ramsey Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ramsey
Milton keynes
“Excellent hotel for a family break”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this excellent new hotel. Family room had more than ample space for a family of 4, and the views are fantastic. Staff are a credit to the hotel. Ideal location for a short break or as in our case, visiting relatives. Excellent breakfast every day, did eat in the restaurant on one evening but dissapointed by fairly average food. Food aside, this is an excellent place to stay and we will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Go for one of the corner rooms with full height windows, 101, 201 or 301
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I would like say that we stumbled across the ramsey park hotel and what a find. We were greeted by a young girl on reception called mia she was very happy and very helpfull its such a rare thing i hotels these days to be greeted in such a manner. equally was the manager james fantasic! ! both staff are a huge asset to the hotel. are room was light and finished to a very good standard the bed was very good as was the linin we had and enjoyed dinner i the resturant to. Being a butcher i went for the steak what a fantastic bit of meat my wife had the lamb allso as good i had the crumble 8 minutes worth waiting for. All in all the whole experiance was just fantastic keep it up

• Stayed October 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Myself and my friend had a fantastic stay at Ramsey Park Hotel. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better weekend away. As the weather didn't allow us to explore Ramsey we stayed in and relax in a lovely lounge area. General Manager took care of providing us with warm drinks and fantastic food from the restaurant. Having newspapers, hotel offers and guide about the island to read made the time in lounge very cosy. I can't forget to mention an impressive piano and relaxing music in the lounge and restaurant area. Our room was warm, very clean and had very comfortable beds. I would highly recommend stay in this hotel as we will definitely be back soon! Thank you!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mika719
dorset
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What can i say about this imposing yet somewhat amazing property. Upon my recent a visit to the island, i made a somewhat uniformed choice of where i should stay for this short break. after much deliberation myself and my partner treid the Ramsey Park, being the Islands latest hotel.. Upon our arrival we were greeted in such a manner be-fiting of royalty, may be a little over the top on my part but the staff were truly attentative and genuinley caring. May be some of the mainland hotels could take a lesson or two from the staff here. Although the hotel wasn't that busy there was a warm and freindly atmosphere and everyone seemed happy. Our room was lovely with ample space,very clean and presented as one would expect from a new property. We spent and evening in the lakeview and quite simply ate some of the best food on the island in a stylish an beutifully presented restaurant.
I would like to thank the team at the manager James ramsey park for a truly memorable stay and look forward to visiting again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I arrived late on 25.10.12 staying 4 nights to attend a family wedding and have a short holiday break. The car park faces out onto the Irish Sea and a force 5-6 storm was raging with gusting winds with a strong likelyhood that my motorcycle would be blown over. There is no protection or secure parking provided for motorcycles. I left my machine in front of the hotel using the building for protection . The General Manager was realy unhelpful saying he had paid £1k to have it paved. My motorcycle plastic costs considerably more and being an obsolete model (ST1100) would be written off if damaged. I moved it next day when the worst of the weather abated and worried for the next three days just in case. Bedroom on first impression was clean but the wardrobe shelves and other flat surfaces were very dusty and my clothes came out covered in dust. Friday night a local resident was present in the combined lounge/dining area. He was unkempt,dirty and had a personal hygene problem Clearly no dress code for locals and I felt sorry for the waitress who had to clean and fumigate after him. The kitchen serving door banged shut after every opening and was really noticable about 5-6 a.m when breakfasts were being prepared. I did not get a good night sleep in four nights. The serving staff were really helpful and friendly particularly Hannah, she would be a loss to the hotel if she leaves. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the town centre or £5 taxi ride. If I could have found a suitable hotel nearby I would have moved out Friday morning. After I paid my bill and listed my complaints to the receptionist the Manager did speak to me, I was astounded when he said he had not consider motorcycles on the Isle of Man when the price is being raised to nearly £200 a night for TT week. All in all I was very disappointed and will not return. I declined the Managers offer of a partial refund that was not my intent;

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alan J
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had dinner at the restaurant last night - it was fabulous. I am a very fussy eater and was very impressed, on o the best meals I have had in a very long time. I had a steak which was cooked to perfection and served with delicious potato dauphinoise, my husband had blade of beef with beautifully prepared mash - but he can't wait to go back to have the daupinoise as I only allowed him one fork-full!. We shared a serving of delicious lemon tart. All very well presented and served by attentive servers. WELL DONE,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Koekoo
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed September and found the room very nice, king bed, plenty of walldrobe and cupboard space,nice large bathroom and shower,great view of the bay or lake, staff were very friendly and helpful.The manager Steve makes sure everyone is taken care off and is customer driven.
Had a good breakfast in the morning and looking forward to using this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
The Claremont Hotel
BEST WESTERN Palace Hotel & Casino
Mannin Hotel
Mannin Hotel
#3 of 22 in Douglas

Been to Ramsey Park Hotel? Share your experiences!