“Pork for a Veggie!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take away and restaurant
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Haven eaten here for many years and booked for special occasions, my husband and I decided to have our late valentines meal here. Absolute disaster, I have been vegetarian for most of my life so was horrified to find pork in my vegetable chop suey as well as lumps of jelly which I assumed was meat fat? Still had to pay for the meal, just a cup of coffee free! The starter was Veg spring roll, extremely greasy. Very disappointing! Will not be returning. The other local Chinese restaurant never fails to disappoint!!

There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Delight

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This used to be the best Chinese restaurant in Peel.
It is a family restaurant,nothing has been done in 20 years, the decor has not changed for the past 20 years it is dated and dirty and very tired, this is OK when the food is very good.

Sadly it is not the case know we went last night the food is average, the prawn toast was soggy, the ribs tough on the starter at £9.50 each.
the chicken curry came afterwards and the chicken was not cooked.
We told the owner and she took it away saying nothing.
She brought another curry 5 minutes later, luckily my son said he wouldn't eat it I did, how I wish I had not eaten it.
I have had a dodgy stomach all day, so much so that I was considering calling the health office to look at the kitchen.
Thinking about how shabby the restaurant is, with bulbs that have blown and not been replaced etc, the floors dirty etc,I can only imagine what the kitchen is like.
The whole meal was high compared to the quality restaurants that are out there.
We paid and vowed never to return, a meal that cost £71 for 2 adults and a 12 year old.
Go to Jade Harbour for Chinese in Peel it is a much nicer setting, clean and the food is great.
Boat Yard is also great sadly it was closed on Monday.
Such a shame when you go to a restaurant that puts no effort back into their restaurant, do yourselves a fovour and save your stomach and wallet.

1  Thank wheeleraIsleofMan
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have one complaint about this restaurant that they over fed us but did ask us if we would like our food left overs wrapping up.
The problem like all chinese seem to offer so much choice that you can take a night deciding and they did not rush you as some restaurants do. Chinese food is one of my favourites and this lived up to this billing
The whole party did the fatal mistake of having starters that always is a big mistake and leaves you full. This what you say but every one destroyed all their meals except for the rice.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have ordered takeaway a few times.

Has always been ok - nothing to complain about - but nothing great. Jade Harbor is better - but they don't deliver.

In its defense it is pretty cheap if I remember correctly.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Always get great food and service here. Best chinese food on the Island, tasty and good value. Looking a bit tired but the service and food make up for it.