“Nice food and drink”
Review of Little Fish Cafe

Little Fish Cafe
Ranked #2 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh seafood, cocktails, coffee & brunch served in a relaxed, informal setting with beautiful views of the quay in Douglas, Isle of Man.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Fizz and Chips (Prosecco) for £15 seemed v.reasonable! Dark and stormy cocktail was amazing and seemed to have a decent amount of real stuff in. Chips-very good. Service was very good. Not a bad thing to say about this place. Will be back again shortly!

2  Thank Jamesshead1

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We booked a month in advance as a group of 8 for a low-key birthday meal. The menu is varied with several good seafood options and a range of side dishes. The food was expertly prepared and presented. My Manx chowder and paella were truly outstanding, and I loved the ginger pudding. The service is unobtrusive, friendly and efficient. This is fine dining at an affordable price - we had a lovely evening.

1  Thank Guy S
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Really impressed with the food and the staff. Great location and very reasonably priced.

Only negative is that there menu could elaborate a bit more, we ordered the steak which didn't mention any dressings or sides that it might of came with it, so we ordered extra sides to find it did come with salad etc - so we had double the sides we needed in the end.

Other than that definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank eveybaby88
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Cafe style and relaxed atmosphere. Very friendly staff and welcoming. Good variety of fish dishes and vert tasty. Enjoyed the specials and would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

North Quay, Douglas, is worth a couple of hours of anyone's time, views over the harbour which has boats and yachts of every description and a number of wine bars and restaurants.
Whilst I was strolling, the other day, I spotted a sign about a 'happy hour on Thursday' for oysters. I luv em so today I visited for the first time.
I had a great welcome but threw them into a panic when I mentioned oysters! The server had to go to the kitchen to check if they had any. (It was Thursday/happy hour for oysters!)
What happened next was a little farcical as, on happy hour, 6 oysters are £16 (down from £19) but a dozen are £32 which is their normal price. The server said that they would have to do something about it but I caused no embarrassment by ordering 6.
So why do I give this top marks? Coz we had fun over the 'balls-up' on the oyster menu, the oysters were to die for and the staff were excellent and very friendly.
If you are in Douglas and anywhere near North Quay, I urge you to call in.
OH, and they do other things than fish.
If you are thinking of going in the evening I would suggest you book as they get very busy (always a good sign!)