“Good service”

Douglas, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

In the past month I have visited jar bar three times. The first time was fab, me my boyfriend and a few friends had great service great food and the cocktails were lovely. Especially the passion fruit daiquiri! The only downside was the price of the salmon, for £13 I expected a lot more than what I got.
My second visit was on a Friday night with my best friend, we had a meal and cocktails before a fun night out. I ordered a passion fruit daiquiri again due to how much I loved it last time and it was nothing like I had the first time I tried it, it was watery and did not taste good at all, it was also a completely different colour. I probably ate more pips that night than actual food. My friend and myself work in a bar and as soon as our daiquiris were given to us it just looked as though it had been sitting out waiting to be drank for an hour.
My third visit was again with my best friend and one of your friends, she ordered a passion fruit daiquiri after we told her how amazing the first one was and it was completely different to the last ones I had drank. So all three times those daiquiris were ordered they were all different from each other. It was very disappointing, sad to say I wont be ordering any cocktails again. Other than that cocktail problem the service was good!

1 Thank Leah95

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Nice food at the bar and grill”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We ate downstairs at the bar and grill and was impressed with the food at the high end of normal prices.
Staff were friendly and it was a nice atmosphere

• Visited September 2013
belfast
“Fab Hawaiian nite”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lived it bit snobby but good we didn't eat there jus at nightclub which is fab but not good if ur drunk n need 2 c,IBM steps outside to get outside

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I shall put this one down to experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were a party of four adults. I am vegetarian. My salad consisted of a bag of mixed leaf lettuce chucked on a plate with chunks of feta chucked and a couple of cherry tomatoes on top of that. There was no hint of any dressing in any shape or form that was it. The chicken breast on my friends meal was so small it could have passed for a sparrow's breast. there was one carrot, one each of a broccoli and cauliflower head. a small shape of herby potato mash. Again no source or dressing for the chicken. This apology for food was arranged in the fine dining style but, hand on heart, there was nothing fine about this dining experience. The lasagne came in what my third guest described as a child's portion and was bizarrely topped with potato and cheese. The only decent meal of the four was the beef pie which was true to size and according to my third guest was tasty. I complained to our female server who offered no apology or solution and said that was how the food was supposed to be. This was one of many business trips I have taken over the years and I have "fine dined" in a variety of places. As such I can assure the reader that in terms of taste, portion size and presentation this is most definitely not how three of these four meals should have been.
There was a language barrier here on the part of the waitress but it was clear that she realised how dissatisfied we were but she did not return to our table and sent a young man to collect our plates (two of the meals being almost untouched). I reiterated our concern to him and he apologised and offered free drinks which we declined. I said we should not be charged for two of the meals. He said he was able to remove the cost of the chicken meal. I agreed (although I now regret not insisting that both meals be removed from the bill.) so we could get out of the place The young man did say that it was a new chef. New or not a chef should be able to do the job he is trained for. The young man was lovely but the female waitress' attitude and response to my complaint was disgraceful. The place was in the cellar of the building and was almost empty; perhaps that should have served as a warning.

• Visited July 2013