“my familys experence”
Review of Terrace Chippy

Terrace Chippy
Ranked #26 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Traditional Fish and Chips Diner & Take Away in the Isle of Man since 1980
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I have eaten at the terrace chippy for some time the food.service.value is second to none best chippy also I would like to add I work for the company thats delivers the food and that do not use frozen chips as I deliver well over 300 bags of spuds a week go go terrace

2  Thank Anthony Mark U

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Agreeing with the above reviews this Chippy Diner is great - we visit regularly and have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and the lady who serves at weekends couldn't be more obliging and friendly she calls customers " my lovely! - which is rather sweet! You are always served with a hot mug of tea or other beverage of choice whilst perusing the menu and once ordered, the food arrives promptly.
Similarly the staff in the take-away section are equally obliging - serving quickly and efficiently the very tasty delights this chippy has to offer

1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The service was friendly and the food was well cooked and tasty. Great value and flavour. Brought a real sense of being at the seaside.

1  Thank Dean V
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were after some traditional fish & chips, in a sit-in cafe, and we were not let down by this place. Though the chips were a little greasy, which is traditional, and the fish that was said to be 'Cod' looked more like two small fillets of whiting or block fish stuck together and battered - it was still tasty, traditional and enjoyable - as the mug of tea managed to cut through the grease, in a traditional greasy spoon cafe kind of a way.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I visited Douglas, IoM this past week and randomly asked a local for a good fish and chip place. He immediately said Terrace Chippy and told me it was a 10min walk but well worth it. Seeing as though I've walked much further for a good meal I turned heel and soon after arrived at the well-marked, bright orange store front. The place looked inviting and the locals were filling almost every table. I placed my order with a friendly lady who called me lovey and chose a seat near the window. I barely got my jacket off when she rounded the corner with a platter. I thought… that was too fast. I examined the dish of food. I could tell it was fresh. The cod smelled amazing… not "fishy" but how fish should smell, like fresh fish. The batter was light and crispy, the chips were a luscious golden brown and the portion looked too big but I guess it wasn't as I unabashedly ate it all. If you are a casual chippy fan or an aficionado, you won't be dissapointed.
Go, eat and be merry!