All reviews great rail journeys coast restaurant sea view isle of man ferry terminal lovely hotel five nights sea front light sleeper best hotel on the island coffee machine breakfast and dinner large bathroom central location manx breakfast little touches restaurant staff
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

Went to Iom for official trip and stayed in this great place for 15 days . Great room , good service , food is decent . The biggest drawbacks are no gym or Swimming pool .

It is centrally placed in the promenade . Wonderful views out of the sea . When I went the weather was cold , the rooms were well insulated .

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
MarkDWilson, Manager at The Claremont, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2019

Hi Shanks123,

Thanks for your review & we are delighted to note how much you enjoyed your extended stay!.

Whilst we don't have a Gym on site, we do have an arrangement whereby our guests can use the local Carrefour Gym free of charge during their stay. We issue day passes, (with directions), at reception and it is only 2 minutes from the hotel, not sure if you where aware of this?.

Hope to see you again and on your next visit perhaps we can perhaps show your this in more detail.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2019

I attended a lunch on Sunday in the Sanderson Suite downstairs and really enjoyed it. I have hosted an event myself upstairs in the Coast Brasserie and found all to be efficient -so I had high hopes.

The space is lovely but accessibly is poor- The hotel are very 'up front' with this on their accessibility statement on the website. I don't think that everyone expects that Victorian Hotels (with steps leading up to the grand façade) can create lifts for all areas.

I really enjoyed my vegetarian food and felt that the chef had made a really good effort. Staff were attentive, kind and friendly- you can tell that they re really well trained.

A great venue for an event (if you don't have too many access issues).

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
MarkDWilson, Manager at The Claremont, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Dear Manninagh,

Thank you for your review of the Claremont and the event you recently attended.

We very much appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of venue, food, service and staff and also your additional comments regarding your earlier visit to Coast Bar and Brasserie.

Your feedback is much appreciated by us all and we hope to see you again very soon!.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

I have loved this place for years, but WOW, lunch today was AMAZING! Best beef I think I have ever had on Island, a sentiment which was shared by our whole table. Staff could not have been more accommodating or helpful. This is how dining out should be!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
MarkDWilson, Manager at The Claremont, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Dear charlt0nk,

May we thank you so much for your lovely review.

We are delighted to note how much your group enjoyed your recent lunch with us and hope to see you again very soon!.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

I only stay one night in the hotel and the service and staff were amazing would definitely stay here again 5 stars!!! I really enjoy it will recommend to my family friends and colleges. Thank you guys.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Helen101299
MarkDWilson, Manager at The Claremont, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Dear Helen 101299,

Thank you so much for your kind review, we are delighted you had such a great time at the Claremont hope to see you again very soon!.

Regards

Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean well decorated hotel, stayed a few times now and always had a great experience, rooms well equipped and very clean, Staff are very friendly and helpful, nice views of the bay from the lounge and Coast bar/restaurant

Date of stay: November 2018