“Good Steak SW & Great coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of DownTown Cafe

DownTown Cafe
Ranked #44 of 152 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Cafe, American, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All our food is home made to order as we believe in a unique american dining experience where service is always with a smile. Please try our island-wide famous menu, cheese steaks, bagels, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, burgers with a lovely cup of coffee.
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Good Steak SW & Great coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had the Phili steak ciabatta with chips £7 so reasonably priced, it was a wee bit on the greasy side but tasted good though it could of done with some seasoning and was suprised to see there was no garnish on the plate. Coffee was very good, an excellent bean, I used to work as a barista for Costa and Downtown beat any coffee I've ever had at Costa plus Costa now serves their coffee too cold for quicker customer turnover ehich I'm glad to say Downtowns coffee was served at the perfect temperature and if you like flavoured syrup as I do sometimes they don't skimp on this either. One thing I did notice was I couldn't see any extras you could order like a side salad, coleslaw or mushrooms which would have been nice but over all very well done and we will be back. Service was fast and friendly : )

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joanna C

• Turkish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best cafe in Douglas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Seriously the best place in town. Coffee is fantastic, food is varied and delicious and the staff are tentative.

Ask for you Cappuccino with flakes :-)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Caroline2105
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I often go for lunch here, the Cajun chicken wrap is lovely. Kids meals are good too. The smoothies are good too. Good value all round.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Georgie43
London, United Kingdom
“Best cafe in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Have visited Downtown since it first opened. They change their menu seasonally which is great. The portions are generous and we always are greated and treated with a smile. They are a hard working, fun team. The food is the best quality and presentation wise and the best which you'll get for your money in town. It's a great place to relax in, catch up with friends and have a yummy meal. Would definatly recoomend it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Carlycakes
“Great place to eat and drink. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful bagels, we had a tuna melt and it was epic! Coffee was made with care and passion. Also want to give the staff a big shout for looking after my wallet. I left it in the cafe and when I went back they had it safe and sound behind the counter. They were even going to try and trace me via Facebook etc. Top service guys, you are the best!!

1 Thank Howard N H