“Party Venu!”

Ranked #38 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was here recently for a party for a friend of mine not only are the staff friendly and helpful the food on offer was fresh and salads were delicious!! Not your usual beige buffet that is normally on offer!!

The place was a little cramped for 50 people was enough as it got very hot!

Beautiful views of the quays with boats and well lit up.

Toilets clean and up to date!!

Many thanks

Michele!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This place used to be a real gem and worth an hour or two of your time. It has since had a makeover and I have yet to go back to it since.
I would hope they've kept it as good as it used to be (easily 5 stars). The next time I am over I will be dropping by for sure and I'd recommend that you do too, just on the off chance it's still that hidden gem it was before.
I've given it a 4 star out of the hope it'll still be great and will revise once I've been.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wonderfully surprised by the quality of Sunday lunch at The British today in the lovely "British Embassy". Tasty starters and fabulous mains. My mum was visiting and her comment was "if this place was in Liverpool people would be queueing down the street to get a table." High praise indeed from the Queen of the Yorkshire pudding! Highly recommended as a couple, group or family.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nice makeover , and free wi ifi ,does not make up for overpriced food and drink`s , had fish and chips,came on large square plate, that was the only large thing I got, small piece of fish almost covered the handful of chips , mushy peas came in a pot about the size of a spirit measure ,.shame as the food was really nice .Drink`s ,I thought £10.09 was a bit steep for a pint of Grolsch and a double Vodka and Coke! Wife had a Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Ginger, and a portion of Chip`s ,Sandwich ok nothing special portion of chip`s` again very small,can get much better value and quality at alot of other Pub`s in town

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to the British on Saturday with my partner....I had been before and was very impressed with the meals I had, but on Saturday it was VERY disappointing.
I had pie and chips.....the last time I had this, it was served in an individual pie pot and was delicious. Not so on Saturday night....it was a small slice with very little meat inside, this was served with FROZEN CHIPS!!!!!
As soon as I saw them, I asked the girl who placed the meal in front of us if the chips were frozen but she said No...they were home made. I know me chips and these were not home made.
My partner who hates frozen chips didn't even eat his. He had the fish, this wasn't great, the smallest piece I've seen for a while.
When another girl came to collect our plates, I again said they were frozen chips. She checked with the chef who said that they were indeed frozen, saying he couldn't make home made chips at present as the potatoes are not good. I suggested then and repeat, they should not be advertising food they do not have.
If I'd have known in advance I would have had mash.... I'm sorry now I didn't make more of a fuss. I'm not sure I'll be back.....I will definitely not be having frozen chips if I do!!!!