Review Highlights
MANX OPERATIC SOCIETY PRODUCTION OF" LES MIZ"

We recently attended this production and I was very impressed with the high standard and fine... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
ThorntonProductions
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
What a fabulous theatre .....better than the west end

If you are visiting the island try and see a show or act at the gaiety. I go to the west end at... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2018
Lisa T
Douglas, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Douglas
from $244.49
More Info
All reviews frank matcham behind the scenes dress circle operatic society brilliant performance jesus christ grand opera house chitty chitty bang bang knowledgeable guide high standard worth a visit isle of man production musical tours backstage cast
Reviewed November 16, 2017

The Gaiety theatre is worth a visit for a performance or during the open doors next year. There are also tours on a Saturday morning which will take you backstage to see how the theatre works. Seats are comfortable and I think the views are good from the dress circle. There are bars for a drink and a small area for hot drinks.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank IOMtravelgirl
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I haven't actually visited the theatre but I have been passed on two visits to the Isle of Man and it is a striking building with an excellent location.

Defiantly worth taking a photograph of the outside. I'm sure it's great inside as well

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Took my mother to see "Joseph and his ATD" recently when over visiting her on the island. I knew it was an amateur production, but could not beleive how high the standard of singing and acting was. I asked the theatre manager afterwards if the leads were professionals, and they said no, all amateurs - the leads mainly young drama students.

Just a brilliant production in a great old theatre - shows the benefit of bringing a top musical director and producer together to work with talented amateurs - I very much hope that the young lady who played the Narrator really makes it - she was superb and really does deserve to go far - and all the staff a real credit to the Island.

Will always try and time my visits to the Island with a show that I can take my mother to - magical experience.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank RobandDavina
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Just a fantastic old style theatre. A real blast from the past. Served tubs of ice cream at half time. The staff where fantastic and just what you would expect of an establishment like this.
We had a box that cost £80 and seats up to four. Be warned that four is a tight squeeze and you are on chairs that you can move around yourself. The view from them is a little impaired, but you can move forward and pretty much see everything anyway. It was nice to have a bit of free space!
Small bar that has fantastic views across the bay of Douglas.
Joseph itself was great and the performers really did themselves proud. A reminder of it from when I was young.

Highly recommended and well worth a trip. Will be back.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 15, 2017

Thanks, Gaiety! An amazing couple of hours in a beautiful old theatre. Our tour guide was knowledgeable about the building and its history. This trip would suit teenagers upwards, not ideal for those who struggle with steps, or younger children due to the length of the tour.
I booked online to ensure we got spaces.

Date of experience: July 2017