“Fantastic little chain of restaurants”

Harbour Lights Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are delighted to add a fourth location to our family of restaurants. Previously known as Copperfields Edwardian Restaurant, our new central Douglas location is a perfect mix of old world charm and great seasonal food. Already famous throughout the island, you’ll discover everything you love about Harbour Lights right in the centre of Douglas. Open daily from 10am for Breakfast, we also offer our famous comfort classics menu throughout the day featuring the very best of local produce. Sample our welsh rarebit with smoked salmon or huge beer battered cod served with seasonal vegetables and potato of the day. Alternatively take a break from shopping and pop in for a quick coffee and cake, served all day.Our entire team (many of whom will be familiar) look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful new location.
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I don't think this one is quite as good as it's sister café in Peel, but still an excellent place for an afternoon tea. The decor is certainly above the Peel cafe but the staff just seemed a little friendlier at the other one. Both have baby changing facilities and free wifi, so perfect for us visiting with our 20 month old daughter! Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

There are a few Harbour lights restaurants. We went to the one at Peel. It is quaint with a homely feel. The food is of good quality. I had a problem with my meal and the girls were very apologetic and sorted it out.
Good customer service means a lot.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

we went in there to have dinner last week on hour holiday as a group of 9,we got there got seated right away got menus then we sat there 20 minutes before anyone came to ask about drinks,finally someone came then took drinks order then some time went before the food order was taken,we all had starters so about over 1 hour after we got there starters came out apart the one for my husband we sat there and waited and waited then we saw the same server who brought our starters serving main courses to the table next to us!i was just about to go and find someone and ask about the missing starter then he just came out with it but with 2 of the same!main course arrived very fast after wards,i had the battered cod and with out a lie it was massive!!shame I could not eat all because food was very nice!!my husband had the same just as massive!!it says it comes with pickeld onion and it was missing, same on his starter the king prawn was missing, nobody came and asked if everything was ok with the food we had to wave to staff to get attention,overall it seemed the staff were stressed but there was only about 23 dinners in,i felt the service was a let down food was great!!not sure if I would go there again on my next visit to IOM. we got there for 7.30pm and didn't got out till about 11pm because of the slow service, plus side when we actually ask for the bill one waiter apologised for the wait.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Have been to the one in Peel so was impressed when I discovered they has opened one in Douglas. I had the Steak, Mushroom and O'Kells pie. It was delightful, the quality, the quantity and the presentation (chips in plant pots!) - the staff were friendly not stuffy.

2 minor points, the peas were seriously undercooked. It was a hot day we both had cold fizzy drinks but we were not offered ice. Will return next time I'm there!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having visited the Peel HLC on numerous occasions, I was delighted to find the Douglas HLC particularly as it's closer to where I live.
I like the old-English tea-room style and it's always a lovely place to relax. You are never rushed from your table.
The afternoon tea is my favourite to enjoy with friends/family but I mainly go here for the Victoria Sponge cake! Although I note over the years the filling has gotten less and it's occasionally dry, it's still worth it as it's very yummy.
The all-day breakfasts are also very good - families will definitely find something on the local-sought menu for any meal during the day.