“Friendly service and home made food.”

Harbour Lights Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 154 Restaurants in Douglas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are delighted to add a fourth location to our family of restaurants. Previously known as Copperfields Edwardian Restaurant, our new central Douglas location is a perfect mix of old world charm and great seasonal food. Already famous throughout the island, you’ll discover everything you love about Harbour Lights right in the centre of Douglas. Open daily from 10am for Breakfast, we also offer our famous comfort classics menu throughout the day featuring the very best of local produce. Sample our welsh rarebit with smoked salmon or huge beer battered cod served with seasonal vegetables and potato of the day. Alternatively take a break from shopping and pop in for a quick coffee and cake, served all day.Our entire team (many of whom will be familiar) look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful new location.
Cambridge
“Friendly service and home made food.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

A nice cafe in the centre of Douglas with old world charm. Nice place to stop for a lovely cup of tea and a sandwich.

• Visited June 2013

“Very sweet wait staff, reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited during the TT so I'm sure wait times are exponentially longer during this huge tourist week and the place was of course packed for dinner, dinner was downstairs and the restaurant looked like it was converted from a ex-residence. It was charming. Th girls were running their tails off that night, up and down the stairs to serve us who were seated downstairs. The prices were very reasonable and food piping hot.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“dusty with room for improvement”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the 3rd visit here and although the other 2 visits were not great I was very disappointed this time. It was empty apart from one man sitting in the window and the music was very faint. We found ourselves whispering as it was like a library. I noticed a lot of dust on a cookie jar on the bar area which was also very dusty. We ordered afternoon tea that and although the service was sincerely genuine and discreet I thought the practicalities of the food layout was open to improvement. The sandwiches were tasty but nothing special but the scones were warm and delicious. However the jam was in the big jars and you had to put your knife into the jar making me wonder how many knives had been in and out the jars. Surely it is better to serve mini jars for hygeine? My husband burnt his finger trying to pour the tea from a very heavy tea pot. We were given 1 fork that we had used on the mini potato salad that accompanied the sandwiches and I was expecting to be brought another fork for the victoria sponge cake which was delicious but they didn't. It is the little things that can make a difference. On payment I popped a tip in the jar and there was no response....when I worked in restaurants I was always thankful for any gratitude given so I found that a bit strange. A man walked in and thought my husband was working there which was awkward until the waitress came out to see him. It cost over £20 for tea, few finger sandwiches, scone and cake. I wouldn't visit again sadly after 3 times it isn't my ideal cup of tea.

• Visited June 2013
rotherham
“Like going back in time”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Really enjoyed it. Like sitting in your Grand Mothers parlour. Nice food, good portions. Not cheap but worth a visit. proper china cups. You must remember to stick your pinky out while you are slurping your brew.

Monmouthshire
“Great Fish & Chips!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Not that many great places to eat in Douglas but this is one of them. Lovely cafe/restaurant serving great homecooked food, the battered cod is amazing! Good service and will always try their best to seat you in busy periods. Would thoroughly recommend and hopefully will get to go back one day!