“Pleasantly surprised...”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I popped in here for a business lunch with a couple of colleagues and was pleasantly surprised to find that although the lunch menu was fairly basic and there was a small selection, the steak that we all ordered came out done exactly as we asked - medium rare. Although you might think a steak is pretty simple fodder, you can guarantee in and around the UK that most restaurants overcook the meat and it usually comes out medium. Not only that, it is actually quite easy to screw a steak up and send out an old boot instead. Well, not here. It was perfect. We sent our compliments to the chef. And as a bonus, the price was very reasonable also.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been here lots and lots of times and I think it's fantastic. Very good value for money and a great atmosphere......

Reviewed September 9, 2012

great bar ,friendly staff excellent service, bruce gives excellent service pays attention to detail always acknowledges you. food well presented and good. clean

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We ate here with friends last weekend. The starters were very nice and the steak was OK. However the lamb shank was poor. It had not been cooked for long enough and was way too tough. Would consider eating here again, but won't be ordering the shank again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Service average, but food amazing and VERY reasonably priced,
Very calming andeven though it's for grown ups...they have a changing table which is why Me and my mum take my 11 mnth old most fridays and have done since he was 4 weeks old as it was the only place I could feed him myself without getting glared @.