“Nice restaurant”
Review of Macfarlanes

Macfarlanes
Ranked #9 of 154 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: British, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Nice place, looks a bit pub-ish. The booths feel really big and over the top, with too much surrounding space when just two people are sat at them, but when four people are sat down they are squashed. It was far too hot in there once I insisted we leave and not eat dessert and I thought I was going to faint due to the heat and stuffi-ness. Food is great though, very delicious. The table by the door and window looks like the most unappealing place to sit, although we never sat there. (Thank goodness).

Visited May 2013

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is simply outstanding food. I actually tend to look at the food quality first when rating a restaurant - a novel thought to some, it appears. The decor may not be to everyone's preference, though I don't see why (or why its relevant) - its perfectly acceptable. The food is a delight - great soup, superb lamb and the various vegetables, and the cheesecake for desert was the best I have ever eaten. Unobtrusive service, perfectly happy to delay our order while we waited for a late colleague. Friends I was with had fish pie and considered it to be of top quality. I can easily see why it is in the 2013 Michelin Guide. Ignore the churlish review from one contributor - this is as good you will get - and at a decent price. Cannot wait to go back on my next visit to the island.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Anthony J
Isle of Man
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved the food. Every course was delicious. Excellent. Have to say probably best meal I have had on the Island in a long time.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank hktracy1
Port Erin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We arrived late at Macfarlanes having left another restaurant as the service was poor.
The atmostphere was lovely, beautifully laid table. The service and food was outstanding and staff very attentive. Will definitely be returning for more wonderful food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JennieIsleofMan
“our favourite restaurant in the Isle of Man”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

we have enjoyed many good meals here, and last evening's lemon sole was the best I have tasted. The standard menu is always good, and the fresh fish and lobster specials are always great.

• Visited January 2014