“Nice food -Expensive”

Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The quality of service and food here is excellent. Everything is fresh and local. The food tastes amazing. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The only thing I would add as a negative is the price and portion sizes. It has a big price tag with very small portions, my partner had to have something to eat afterwards which is never a good sign. For the price you pay a bigger portion is expected. What there was of it was delicious though. We will definately visit again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Ate here twice during recent visit to Island. Once with a party of 10 and once with 5. The food was delicious each time , the service was quietly efficient and the atmosphere was great. A memorable evening each time Cant wait to go back next year..

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Douglas IOM seems to be living in the Victorian era . Full of grand hotels ,winter gardens and ballrooms .
Not so 14 North which sets a 21st Century tone with a pleasantly short and interesting menu suggesting nothing is boiled in the bag !
An aperitif of Hibiscus and Prosecco was sadly unavailable through a sudden lack of supply of Hibiscus.
This disappointment was quickly soothed by some pleasant wine choices and a variety of locally produced foods mostly of the fish variety.
A very worthwhile visit . Be sure to book ,it is very popular.

1  Thank TitusT
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was my second visit to Isle of Man and on both occasions I've made sure to have dinner here. The food was perfect - we were a fairly large party so sampled the majority of the menu. Everyone loved their dishes. I thought the queenies were delicious and regretted not ordering them myself! Phil, the owner and his team looked after us extremely well and dealt with our requests for more water / wine attentively and with a smile. On the subject of wine - we went with the waitresses recommendation and it was fantastic. Thank you for a wonderful evening and I shall hopefully be coming back soon. I will certainly be recommending this place to anyone paying a visit to Manx.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

A really great meal and equally great service. This was our final meal at the end of our holiday, and it was a wonderful finale to it all. The food took a while to arrive, but was worth waiting for. Everything was immaculately prepared and presented. Service was very good if a little earnest and over bearing at times. The interior was cosy and intimate, in a middle class bistro style. It was very busy on the Wednesday night that we were there. Booking essential.