Having stayed at many 4 star hotels previously I was looking forward to giving the Palace a go.... Stayed at Inglewood previously!
We arrived at approx. 6pm and was greeted by very helpful staff and a super fast efficient check in. We got to the room, 206 which was a little disappointing as the view was overlooking (directly) the air conditioning units, which were noisy..... We called down for room service ordering 2 starters and 2 main courses, very friendly guy on phone whilst ordering, having a laugh and joke (which I liked).... When food came there was only one starter, we made do though as it was likely myself waffling on which confused the guy.... The burger and chips was exceptional!
We went bed approx. 10pm due to long travel but was disappointed to be woken at 2am and 5am by people being collected at the rear of the hotel..... There didn't seem any regard for the 4 star paying guests who might be sleeping..... Anyway, I did get a reasonable nights sleep bar this....
Breakfast was exceptional on all 3 mornings, very high standard compared to other 4 star hotels....
Was very disappointed to be woken at 4:45am on second night though by loud speaking in corridor, which was then followed by loud knocking on bedroom doors and then running off, I opened door but could see no-one! It occurred to me that anyone can just walk off street via front, access lifts and come up to bedrooms..... Lack of security really......
Third night was Sunday night and everywhere was much quieter, which was great.
We ate out night two at Chillies Indian, about 5 minutes up prom, towards Onchan and night three at the imperial dragon Chinese, 200 yards in same direction!
Wifi needs addressing, working in IT it was very frustrating to need to enter the wireless code every 2 minutes - literally! Must admit though, room 206 is directly above the paragon bar area and you can receive the wireless in your room here :-). Big plus for me!
All in all not bad, not sure I would score as 4 star though, more three I thought!
A nice enjoyable stay though, with friendly staff.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Douglas, the Island's capital, BEST WESTERN Palace Hotel and Casino is the Island's leading entertainment and leisure complex combining a quality 4-star hotel with the Island's only licensed Casino and nightclub, a Bingo and Slots lounge, health club, bars and restaurants and a two-screen cinema. During the weekend guests can enjoy a lively and dynamic atmosphere. This is the place to be if you want a quality hotel, a convenient location and entertainment on your doorstep! The hotel provides parking onsite, nominal charges apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Palace Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Palace Hotel Douglas
- Best Western Palace Hotel And Casino
- Hilton Hotel Douglas
- Hilton International Douglas
- Hilton Douglas
- Douglas Hilton
- Best Western Palace Hotel & Casino Isle Of Man/Douglas