“Fabulous Apartment in Douglas”

Arrandale House & Apartments
Ranked #7 of 27 Douglas B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Apartment in Douglas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Myself and my twelve year old son have just returned from a wonderful holiday in the Isle of Man. We stayed in the Arrandale Apartments for a week. It suited us perfectly, it was spacious with a fully fitted kitchen which even came with a dishwasher and a washing machine. There was a sofa bed in the lounge which my son slept on along with a cd player, tv and dvd player, everything you could possibly want. They were situated off the promenade and up a hill which was fine for us but could be awkward for someone with mobility difficulties. I would thoroughly recommend the apartments for families and couples. Rose was also very friendly and accomodating, as we arrived before check in time she had no problem with letting us have the apartment earlier than normal. We will definitely be booking there for our next trip to the island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens in Hutchinson Square
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I made a reservation for the room last minute and asked for a double en-suite. Got a great room with a great view. after my 4th night I booked again for another 4 nights and they were happy to move me to another room which was bigger and had a much better view. Staff were friendly and easy to approach. Breakfast was great and staff serving were fab. Would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay are lovely and get a good deal of light during the day
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed at the Arrandale Apartments, just a few doors up Hutchinson Square from Arrandale House, for five nights. Our ground floor apartment offered value-for-money, pleasant self-catering accommodation. Bathroom and cooking facilities were good. There was plenty of space in the combined living room/kitchen. We found the location convenient, although the short but relatively steep uphill stretch from the seafront to the apartments may be less comfortable for a person with mobility difficulties. Buses are available, however. There is a fine supermarket for self-catering about a quarter hour's walk away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CanberraSteve38
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Don't know where to start but here goes, left at reception for 20mins phoning a number linked to other apartments block presumably that just rang out, Then eventually got into room and the place was filthy, bed unmade, wet towels on the floor, rubbish everywhere and I won't even begin to do scribe the toilet. This BTW was 1600hrs not first thing in the morning. When I went to moan to my colleague he topped it by saying some guy was lying in his bed with his bum pointing to the moon. Tried to get another hotel but some sort of rally event on so had to grin and bear it. Breakfast was ok, the owner was nice enough but it's up a great big hill from the sea and the main part of town so all in all the B&B part of the operation should be avoided at all costs. Worse place I have stayed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rose F, Owner at Arrandale House & Apartments, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We were disconcerted to read this review and are currently trying to trace the guest so we can investigate the circumstances relating to the comments made. If this reviewer wishes to contact us direct, we would be delighted to hear from him/her.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the Arrandale hotel for 3 nights.

Staff are considerate and friendly at all times; not only during my stay but after I left the hotel.
I left my camera at the hotel room. Then, staff send email and gave me a phone call to let me know it at once.
Unfortunately, when I noticed the email, I had already left Douglas for Liverpool.
Therefore, I asked her to send it back after I came back home.
She gladly consented to my request and, thanks to her, my camera arrived safely.

The room was clean and I could have strong wifi access.
Moreover, the restaurant inside the hotel (But not Arrandale) provided me with excellent dinner.

The hotel is located within 10 minutes walk from the city centre. It means it is conveniently placed.
On the way to the city centre, I could enjoy lovely landscape of Douglas.

Overall, I could have a wonderful experience in this hotel and superb service of staff made it special more.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Airi T
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a lovely stay. The room was clean and a nice size. The breakfast choice was good. The location is a little away from the seafront, but it is only a few minutes walk down the hill to get there. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and happy to help book a taxi or provide details on how to get to a tourist attraction. A great base to explore the Isle of Man. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark H
workington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in the Arrandale for a week while we were holidaying in the IoM. We chose it mainly because of the reviews and they weren't wrong. Good points: very clean, breakfasts were excellent with good quality food well cooked, staff very friendly and helpful, close enough to sea front to walk (but all uphill coming back), evening meal available if required without booking, great power shower, friendly bar and place to sit when you're not in room. The poached eggs at breakfast are perfect and I couldn't resist having them most mornings. Give the porridge a go at least once as it was also very good. Rose and Theo are lovely and friendly - we were given a guide book on check in which was indispensable, and The was a mine of information about the island.

Room Tip: Nothing to do with rooms but some good advice - if you don't have a car on the island go for a 3...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple