The Empress is a distinctly average hotel, with nothing to particularly praise or criticise. My overall impression was of a somewhat dated, but clean hotel. The hotel reception staff were friendly and accommodating, but the bar staff were abrupt and rude in the evening, refusing to serve coffee if they were too busy. I was also surprised to be given a single bed in a box room, as it seems the norm these days to be given a double bed even for a single booking. I would suggest asking for a double bed on booking if you are a single person. I would also suggest getting out of Douglas if possible. This is just like any other provincial town in the UK and the island has many more interesting places to see and visit. I particularly recommend Port Erin and the area around Peel castle. Both have great traditional villages nearby and offer the opportunity of observing seals at close hand and watching basking sharks from the shore or by boat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Empress Hotel offers three star comfort and has 102 bedrooms of which there are 3 luxurious executive suites with separate lounge area. There are a number of Executive Sea View rooms and a fantastic top floor Penthouse overlooking the whole of Douglas Bay. All of the remaining Classic single, double and twin bedrooms are fully equipped with the comforts of home. For dining, we have The Brasserie Restaurant offering an a la carte selection of carefully prepared dishes by our expert team of chefs and this is located by reception. Alongside the restaurant is the Piano Bar which is open from 11am until late with our resident pianist playing 4 days a week and Sky Sports also available for Sports fans. Our Manx Gourmet Burger Restaurant is open on the lower ground floor, serving the best locally produced burgers on the Island. The hotel has a small gym, sauna and steam room for residents only use, along with our Beauty & Massage Suite operated by Halcyon Beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Empress Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empress Hotel Douglas
- Empress Hotel Isle Of Man
- The Empress Hotel Isle Of Man/Douglas