“Fine/Good”

Ranked #22 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: TT 2015 Opening Hours: Thursday 4th June to Thursday 11th June: 5:00pm to 11:30pm Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, Sunday 14th June: 5:00pm to 10:30pm
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My kids love this place and as opinionated teenagers will not be convinced that this is not the best pizza place in town.

I think the decor is tired and don't like the fact (unless it is really busy) you walk through an empty upstairs area to find the stairs down to the basement.The basement can be really noisy if it is busy.

However, I have always found the service good and the food fine.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Paparazzi is a popular pizzeria on the promenade in Douglas, and in all seasons is a busy place. The pizza and pasta dishes we had were excellent, but spoilt by third-rate service. Our waiter did not want to know w henit came to looking after our needs. He failed to cut the pizza and did not offer parmesan cheese. His eye contact was poor and did not apologise for his failures. His Attitude was poor and one bad waiter can spoil the reputation of a restaurant as others have found.

1  Thank Graham D
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have not been back to Paparazzi for about a year, because my experiences were so bad. There are not many places to go to on the Isle of Man with children, so Paparazzi has a captive clientele especially as it is positioned so well near shops and seafront. But the waiters! Rude and unfriendly, and proud of it. They even have a sign near the till to say they reserve the right to charge extra if they find customers or their children difficult. I am not difficult, my children's behaviour is excellent, but I am not going back as I want to feel that my custom is valued.

2  Thank Fifibelle1
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just keep on walking past this soul less pizzeria, to Jaks where you will find nice staff, quality food and good beer, or stop here for sub standard food, Italian cheap beer and an atmosphere to hang yourself.
Not good ... I won't be back again

3  Thank NyallM
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Apparently a lot of places close up pretty early in Douglas and this place was close by and open. The pizza was very good. So good we went back a couple nights later.