“C'est magnifique!!!”

L'Experience
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at L'Expérience, we pride ourselves on our warm and friendly atmospshere, accompanied by great locally sourced ingredients and an extensive wine list. A number of our dishes can be adapted in order to meet the needs of those with specific dietary requirements, meaning all our visitors can enjoy their time with us.
“C'est magnifique!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I ate here twice last week when I was there for the TT, I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive.

The food was amazing. I had the onion soup on the first visit and it definitely lived up to its reputation. I tried the mussels on the second visit and fell in love with the bacon bits and blue cheese sauce.

Steak was very tender and cooked perfectly, sides were really good too especially the spinach.

The restaurant was aptly decorated giving an authentic French feel and the candle light gave a nice romantic ambiance.

I will definitely eat here again on my next visit.

Dorset
“A bit over-rated”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Service was very good and staff friendly. Wine selection was OK. My wife had the onion soup which was delicious whilst I had the home smoked trout special which was bland. We both had steaks which were OK but nothing out of the ordinary. Desserts were nice, I had the chocolate mousse and my wife had the strawberry shortbread. I'm afraid to say we have had better in Paris and most areas of France for less.

Visited June 2014
United Kingdom
“Not quite a taste of Paris, BETTER!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my wife and my favourite local restaurant. Nice, relaxing, quiet and pleasant feeling. Most importantly of course the food is great. My wife and I have recently come back from Paris where we were constantly disappointed with the French Onion Soup as it just didn't measure up to L'Experience. The Seafood specials are fantastic and my fillet steak is always melt in the mouth perfect. Michael and Belinda are always excellent company too (when Michael has time to leave the kitchen) and if you are there late on they may even join you for a drink and a chat.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“One of the best French restaurants north-west of Calais”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been visiting this restaurant regularly on annual trips to the Isle of Man for the last twenty years and never been disappointed. During that time it has always been welcoming, the food has been consistently good, and the service- though sometimes eccentric- has always been friendly. You can tell that the owners have a genuine love for the French way of life from the moment you enter the room. This place succeeds for me because it has managed to capture the essence of eating in a humble and unpretentious restaurant so well that I can imagine that I am in the France that I remember from my first trips there thirty (oh hang on, forty) years ago. The onion soup is spectacular, the steaks are perfectly cooked and the desserts are wonderful Even under a change of ownership, it has managed to hold its own despite the fact that there is much more competition on the island now from other restaurants. L' Experience is a VERY special place and not to be missed.

1 Thank RWK157
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Always a good meal with excellent service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant, for over 30 years, and the French onion soup is the best I've ever had, the Rossini filet steak, with spinach a la creme is my favourite, but seafoods and other specialist meals, are always available.
The sweets are really tasty try a lemon chiffon, Michael and belinda are excellent hosts,
Look out for the deals on quids in, coupons for discounts.