“Just so-so really....”

L'Experience
Ranked #10 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at L'Expérience, we pride ourselves on our warm and friendly atmospshere, accompanied by great locally sourced ingredients and an extensive wine list. A number of our dishes can be adapted in order to meet the needs of those with specific dietary requirements, meaning all our visitors can enjoy their time with us.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went back for a romantic meal recently as found it notably unexciting on the last visit and wanted to give it another try. The food was ok but the service wasn't brilliant and the place lacked any sort of atmosphere. The candles in the wine bottles just made it feel dark and dingy, tbh! It isn't cheap and for the same money I would rather go to 14 North or JAR.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Have been frequenting this establishment for some time and can only say time after time after time the food is exceptional, service always with a smile and making you feel welcome from the moment you sit down to the moment you leave.
Its also a welcome change that the Chef (Michael) makes the effort to pop out and have a quick chat, always appears to know lots of his customers so they must be coming back, always a good sign.
The specials board is always a must as it does change frequently with fresh new dishes.
Will be back soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for meal with girlfriend she had to eat with her coat on cos was cold my carpaccio was still frozen French onion soup as I knew it has a crouton with gruyere cheese and if had a kilo of manx cheddar apart from that steaks were cooked correct service was good but non of it was anything that you could not do yourself at home

1  Thank Bustergroove1
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable Saturday evening meal here. The restaurant succeeds in creating a traditional French bistro ambience (eg posters and candles etc) and the service was very good. My wife and I both had the much recommended French onion soup which certainly lived up to its reputation. I had a half a lobster with queenies to follow which was perhaps a little too buttery for me but that's down to personal taste. My wife had baked hake which was very good. The pricing was 'full' but not outrageous.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a really nice meal here. The service was good and atmosphere great. It looks just the same as it did 15 years ago so a little tired, but I had overlooked it and will be back.