“Wrong Food & Poor Service”
Review of The Slug and Lettuce - CLOSED

The Slug and Lettuce
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Slug and Lettuce in the centre of Douglas is on the ground floor. But in the basement, we have Fiesta Havana, our nightclub! Fully embracing the two styles, we’ve combined the best of both food and drink menus to make this the only international Slug and Lettuce around.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I went there on the 6th Aug had a table booked for 7pm which wasn't ready when I arrived, I had to order a drink at the bar and wait. Excellent value I thinking with 50% off food but I found the drinks expensive. I ordered a steak ciabatta only to have a steak toasted sandwich presented with a small apology for it being the wrong bread (did they not think to ask me first) service was poor not being able to attract the staffs attention. However I did eat most of it. After waiting 15 minutes to order my sweet I asked for pecan pie which is served with vanilla ice cream, after another 10 minutes it came with chocolate ice cream and the waiter vanished before I could say anything. I waited yet another 10 mins to attract his attention and then was told they have no vanilla ice cream left.(could they not have asked me first) I didn't want choc ice cream so sent it back and ended up just having a main course. Wouldn't go again even with 50% off.

1  Thank grandadal

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We went on a Monday when it was a 50% off offer which made it excellent value. The staff were very helpfull and friendly even telling us about their 2 for 1 curry evening and wine promotions.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Ate there twice over our weeks stay,Monday 50% reduction on food,Tuesday 2 for one on currys great value ask if they have offers on bottles of wine ,they do on Wednesday but we got them on other days by asking.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Service not great, quality of drinks not great, no surprise it was so quiet on a Friday night!

1  Thank ksmith38a
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Me and my friend went to the Slug and Lettuce a few weeks ago. I was particularly hungry, and cottage pie seemed like a good choice, my friend ordered Italian chicken. We waited for a long time, even though we were the only people in the restaurant at 12.30pm on a weekday. The staff weren't very attentive. When the food did come, my friend's looked lovely- unfortunately, I can't say the same for mine. It was sloppy, wet... and when did "cheesy mash" become a layer of cheese, covering watery mince and carrots? Very unappetising. I sent my meal back, was offered a new one but refused (didn't fancy waiting until Christmas) and wasn't billed for it. Thankfully my friend's meal was gorgeous and I finished hers!!!

2  Thank Lucy G