“Never again”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to La Piazza on a number of occasions, but after last year I have promised myself never again. The food is average, but the service is truly terrible. We were given main courses without vegetables (these had apparently gone to another table) and then left for twenty minutes with our food going cold while more were prepared. The steak was tough and the waiting staff were surly and unhelpful when we complained. This was not my first poor experience of La Piazza but it will definitely be my last!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We eat here fairly often and have never had a bad meal. It's great for groups but if you go early there are usually a lot of families with children so if you don't like that then book for a later meal.

Our favourite is the calzones and garlic bread with cheese. We don't usually have a desert as we're usually too full and the choices are not extensive.

2  Thank Eaglet64
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a family gathering here at the end of March 2013 & it was just like every other visit we've had here....good food, very reasonably priced, & served by friendly staff

They even provided a free birthday cake!

Highly recommended

2  Thank manxmanpaul
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to La Piazza quite a while ago, but I can't really remember the visit. This time around, the food was a let down. I had the Jerry pizza, and it wasn't something to get excited about, in fact it was very average, I didn't really enjoy it! But I'm sure there are many other things on the menu that are delicious, I think I just chose the wrong one. For me, the atmosphere and the seating arrangements were quite awkward and the waiter cleared up my food whilst I was eating it! There are other restaurants in Douglas that I would recommend more highly.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

What's more to say, the prices are reasonable and the food is freshly made and really delicious and tasty. If you like Italian food you won't be disappointed!