“Good anywhere!”

Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned Seafood restaurant for over 10 years in the heart of Douglas just off North Quay. Tanroagan's dining room boasts an open plan kitchen giving diners a great view of the chefs at work. Our a la carte menu and black board specials offer guests a delicious choice of seafood as well as meaty options with a strong emphasis on local Manx produce. You can book online via our website or facebook page. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Intimate, cosy and delicious. Tanroagan is an easy recommendation! Friendly service and simple presentation.

1  Thank Trevor v

Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you're looking for something different than the usual pizza or curry like I was, why not give Tamroagan a try? With the look and feel of a genuinely authentic seafood restaurant (the bowl of sea salt and ye olde bottles of mineral water say it all) along with the food and quality of service, it's certainly worth "fishing" out your money. I had the queenie fritters to start off with which were fine, then hake on the bone for mains - not exactly easy to avoid swallowing fish bones but then, I'm a guy who picks chicken bones clean like a vulture - also delicious and a lovely Limoncello Parfait. The specials are a bit on the pricey side and it is a little cramped so probably not for the biggest of parties but whether you are dining on your own, out on a date or eating with a small family, you'll have great pleasure eating out at Tamroagan.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

After hearing nothing but great things about Tanroagan I decided to go here for my birthday meal with the family. I read the reviews on here and after what I had heard I had high expectations. It was nice and intimate with lovely staff and quick service. The choice on the menu was great and the specials on offer made it even more difficult to choose! I had the scallop bruschetta to start which was delicious, then decided to have the lobster with queenies special for mains. This was the first time trying lobster and it was so tasty, everything was so fresh. Although a little on the expensive side, you get what you pay for, great quality food and a decent portion. Cannot fault this place, will definitely visit again to try some more of the tempting choices on the menu.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The resturant was recommended by my son and daughter in law. The table given to us was in the centre of the room, very close to fellow diners and I was uncomfortable to chat to my husband. Not a resturant for romance. Next time when I book I will request a table against the wall. The menu was very good and so was the food. The service was excellent. Good value.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The food here is cooked by people who are passionate about food, and it shows in the quality of the food served. Last night the food we had was stunning. Beautiful crab toasties and queenie fritters to start with. This was followed by hake in a beautifully flavoured Malaysian curry sauce, and pan fried scallops on a cauliflower purée with parmentier potatoes which was delicious. Our only regret was that we were too full for pudding! The restaurant has been refurbished and the atmosphere is warm and cosy. I think that the prices charged represent excellent value for money, as the standard of food is so high.