“Nice plaice shame about the room.”

Tanroagan Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned Seafood restaurant for over 10 years in the heart of Douglas just off North Quay. Tanroagan's dining room boasts an open plan kitchen giving diners a great view of the chefs at work. Our a la carte menu and black board specials offer guests a delicious choice of seafood as well as meaty options with a strong emphasis on local Manx produce. You can book online via our website or facebook page. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

F and I ate here in July when over for a weeks holiday, in fact I had forward booked it for wo nights, such was my faith in the Tripadvisor reviewers.
Food was really good, room itself had far too many tables though, and overall I feel that spoiled our meal. So much so that I called to cancel our next booking.
What appeared strange was people coming in and asking for tables, some were given them, others not. Didn't seem to be a rhyme nor reason to it, as they were lookig to eat there and then
Would go again at perhaps a quieter time of the season..

manxfoodie, Owner at Tanroagan Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hi really glad you enjoyed our food, the plaice aswell. Tanroagan has been completely refurbished and has a much airier feel to it now. Pictures will be on Tripadvisor soon.

There are newer reviews for Tanroagan Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was in Douglas for a few hours on business a spend was taken here. I loved the cozy cafe feel, with the kitchen open to the small dining area.
I started with the crab soup and then the whole seabass with chilli and lime. I was also lucky enough to sample some queenies ( the local scallop). Superb food, cooked very well in a relaxed atmosphere. I will return next time I am on the Isle of Man, that's for sure!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great little restaurant, the fish was cooked perfectly and oh so fresh. Loved to watch the chef's in the open kitchen. The service was attentive but not overbearing.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have visited the restaurant many times and the standard is always high. It is one of the few places on the island my husband is happy to take visitors on business lunches. The staff are friendly and the service is great. It is a little on the small side and can feel like a cafe, but everything else more than makes up for this. The food does the talking and they have a selection of great wines.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lovely seafood restaurant, I especially like the fish and chips which have a delicious, light batter. Great for halibut and sole too. Nice ambience and good service too.