All reviews ferry terminal lovely hosts isle of man compact room mini fridge box of chocolates breakfast lounge bars and restaurants cooked breakfast fantastic weekend great start to the day sea front full english no lift great place to stay guest house trams stop
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

From the very first time I contacted the Cubbon after booking I got a fabulous response. So friendly and reassuring.
Our flight was an early one so we were at the hotel for 10:30 in the morning and our room was ready and waiting for us.
The room is just as described, clean and comfortable with great views of the seafront.
It's in walking distance from about everything!
Breakfast was good with a great selection of cereals, fruit and a cooked English every morning.
Paul was brilliant at giving is advice on what to see and where to go.
If I was to visit the Isle of Man again I would definitely book in here.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2019

We recently stayed here for 3 nights as a birthday treat for my partner. Whilst we have stayed in Douglas and Laxey before we hadn't actually stayed at Cubbon House. I booked well in advance as I wanted to get us a sea view room and we weren't disappointed. Great views! Paul and Lisa made us feel very welcome, very friendly, they even produced a birthday card and chocs for my partner's birthday, lovely touch! Breakfast was superb, kept us going all day long! Will definitely return. Thank you Paul and Lisa.

Room tip: Sea view rooms make all the difference. A fridge in each room is a welcome so you can have chilled drinks.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

We highly recommend this hotel. Lisa and Paul are a great team and made our stay really nice.

Paul picked us up from the airport (chargeable) and gave us lots of information on where to visit etc.

Sea view room was lovely and comfortable. The little extras like a fridge in the room is things that you don’t normally get but are good to have.

Breakfast is brilliant. Sets you up for a day of sightseeing.

10/10 for this hotel

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Well happy with my choice of this hotel.
Great location on Douglas seafront.
We were well looked after by Lisa and Phil who gave us loads of information regarding things we wanted to do.
Very reasonable, superb breakfast and cracking view from room 6.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

4 night stay at Cubbon house. I travelled alone and was very nervous but felt so safe here. Lisa and Gary very helpful and friendly. They even made me my breakfast - a lovely cooked one - a little before usual start at 8am so I didnt miss out before getting collected foe work. Also talked to me about island life and local places of interest. The bed and breakfast is within walking distance of ferry terminal and airport bus stops outside. Lovely view of prom and shops road behind with plenty of take outs and places to eat. Jacs bar few doors away with restaraunt upstairs, carvery absolutely gorgeous! Manx museum also within walking distance. My room was a single, only small but Lisa and Gary have though of everything. Big mirror, small mirror, light above mirror and bed, plenty of hanging space, drawers, extra hook on door, alarm clock, full size hairdryer, kettle, bottle of water each day, mini fridge and TV. Room nice and warm and comfy bed. Bathroom had a shower with toiletries, towels, wall heater, mirror with light, flannel, make up pads, ear buds and cotton wall balls!! They really have thought of everything!!! The perfect hosts and perfect place to stay. Highy recommended.

Date of stay: January 2019