“Magical Place”
Review of The Fairy Shop - CLOSED

The Fairy Shop
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I visited the Isle of Man in July 2010 for the first time since the 50's and I remembered the Fairy Shop. What a wonderful place it is and Lynn makes everyone feel welcome. I must have spent about an hour and a half in the shop, buying gifts for my grandchildren. A visit is a definite must for people visiting Douglas.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Wandering aimlessly through what passes for a shopping centre in Douglas, I came across the Fairy Shop. The day before, I'd been driven across the Fairy Bridge and warned to salute the fairies (or face the consequences), so I couldn't resist popping into the shop. Even if you don't care for fairies yourself, you'll probably know a little girl who adores them. My 'little' girl is 21 and still has a passion for fairies, so I vaguely thought I might find her a gift there.

What a lovely place! I was charmed, not only by the wares on display, but by the obvious love and affection that has gone into creating the place. I would be amazed if they made a profit, since nothing is ridiculously expensive and even a modest purchase of a fairy mobile phone fob was beautifully gift-wrapped and sprinkled with 'fairy dust'. Okay, in the cold light of day you can see that it's actually silver stars and pink glitter, but I was so captivated by the shop that, just for a short while, I, too, believed in fairies...

2  Thank PEVLondon
Reviewed October 6, 2008

My husband and i absolutly love this fantastic little shop, it is full of suprises, we first went there last year, when we arrived on the island this year it was one of the first places we headed for, it has everything, for such a small shop you could spend hours in there, as for the 2 ladies they are wonderful and most helpful. The only shame is this shop should be in the centre of the town and not on the outskirts, as this is how many many people miss it, it represents one of the island oldest traditions and attractions "Fairy Bridge" nearly everyone who visits the island visits the bridge, please help bring it nearer to the town, and let everyone see what we all see in this "The Fairy Shop"
From Carla & Carl from Cornwall

1  Thank CornishBikers
Reviewed September 16, 2008

We visited the Fairy Shop and were so enthralled by the lovely things on sale and the service was excellent. The lady that runs the shop was so lovely, polite, friendly and wrapped the presents so beautifully. If you go to the Isle of Man and miss this shop you should be ashamed!!!!

3  Thank jane160864
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I stumbled across this magical shop and how grateful i am that i did. You walk into a wonderful fairytale and are greeted by the assistant with a smile that lights up your day.

The shop itself is full of everything for the fairy enthusiast . My purchases were delightfully gift wrapped with a sprinkle of fairy dust in each one.You feel like the dust has been sprinkled on you.

If you want a great shopping experience that stays with you after you leave the premises i recommmend you take time out of your day to step inside this enchanting place.

1  Thank Hayley67