All reviews broadway room cannelloni isle of man a partial sea view car park large comfy bed modern hotel large walk in shower smoked haddock newmarket holidays villa marina sunday lunch wonderful hotel rooms are lovely excellent shower air conditioning complimentary toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2019

After leaving our accommodation on the island and finding that the ferry was cancelled we needed a hotel with on-site parking, quick. We got to the Mannin and got a room at 10 a.m. and settled in. Our price also included a fantastic 3 course evening meal. We had booked for one night but the following day the ferry was again cancelled, and again the staff re-arranged rooms and we extended with the same deal. The room was well equipped with a view of the sea front and the ferry ironically. Everywhere was clean and well maintained. It is a tight turn down the slope to the car park but no worse than some others and that seemed the only criticism any one had. The room had a small fridge which is always welcome and a safe.

Room tip: Broadway rooms have external views
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mannin H, General Manager at Mannin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear Billyswan86, thank you so much for such a great feedback. Its a shame you were unable to get home in time but hopefully the few extra nights you managed to stay with us was a great addition to your holiday.
It`s handy to have a sea view room, you can keep an eye on changes to weather and make sure the ferry does not leave without you :) Should your travels bring you back to Isle of Man, we would be delighted to look after you.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is well decorated, has great staff, superb food but is let down by design and ill fitting doors. The entire hotel feeds off an atrium that directly links the reception, bar, restaurant and all bedrooms. I could see the corridor carpet from the yawning gap under our door. This ensured we heard every conversation, cough, whistle that occurred from the reception, bar, restaurant and any internal atrium balcony. Also the breakfast (as tasty as it was) could be smelled via our ill fitting door from the moment the buffet was laid out.
We will go again for a meal but would get a better nights sleep in the Villa Marina arcade on a bench.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mannin H, General Manager at Mannin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Dear simong325, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay with us. The open-plan setup of the interior of our hotel is like Marmite, some like it and some don`t. There is no excuse however you having to hear all noise from this public space, admittedly we do have issues with some bedroom doors whereby they do not serve the right purpose. If we had the magic wand to fix this, believe me I would have used it by now.
I am glad to know you are willing to come back for a meal, I would not recommend the Villa arcade benches due to feisty seagulls though :) We do hope to see you back in the very near future and hopefully the issue with some of the bedroom doors find a good solution very soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. But we got a dirty bathroom, dirty floor, hairs and sink with toothpaste from previous guest.
We were a couple bit spent the night fighting to keep the bed from splitting. Two singles do not make a double .

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mannin H, General Manager at Mannin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Dear B2417EQclaudiam, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry this has ruined your Valentines weekend.
It is a shame you did not give us the chance to rectify these shortcomings by notifying a member of staff or management during your stay. All our beds are zip and link which is a technology widely used in hotel, this gives us the flexibility to have all rooms either twin or double. We have not had issues with beds splitting before but it is a very easy fix which could have been rectified in 2 minutes.
We hope to see you again in the future and if you booked directly with me, I will personally make sure you get looked after, my email is rom@manninhotel.im

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

I visited the hotel with my mum from 30 November to 3 December 2018. It is not the cheapest bed & breakfast option on the Isle of Man but I needed to choose a hotel with the necessary adaptations for the disabled as my mum has limited mobility. As well as a specially adapted room, the Mannin offered disabled access from the road. Most of the older accommodation at the sea front in Douglas is not suitable because of the deep steps to their front door.
I booked directly with the hotel on their own website and opted for the Winter special offer of bed, breakfast and dinner for £125 per night. I thought this was good value as the cost of three course dinners for the 2 of us would only equate to £10 each per night.
This proved to be very worthwhile. Although there was the same menu every night, there was enough choice to try something different on each occasion, even for me as a fussy vegetarian. The food was always plentiful, beautifully presented and tasty to a fine dining standard. My sister and her partner, who are Isle of Man residents loved the menu and were happy to leave their cooking at home and join us for dinner.
The bar also offered a choice of local gins, cashing in on recent popularity and I was happy to try a large drink!
We opted for the continental breakfast where we helped ourselves in the morning although hot options were offered a la carte at no extra charge.
The dining hall was extremely busy on Friday and Saturday, perhaps boosted by locals on a pre night out. Sunday night and Monday morning, we were the only guests around.
The dining staff, although different faces every day, were friendly, polite and attentive - just the ideal hosts.
We stayed in a disabled Broadway room, which offered a partial sea view and overlooked the promenade and Gaiety theatre. The room was large and everything was brand new. My initial trepidation at having to share a double bed with my mum was soon dispelled as this was a vast, queen sized bed and we were able to sleep well away from each other. My mum often finds hotel beds uncomfortable, owing to her arthritis, and breathing problems but she slept like a baby and declared it was the best bed she’d ever slept in -better than her expensive Emma mattress at home.
The bathroom was a good size and offered wet room facilities including a walk in shower and low level hand rails and grips for wheelchair users. A minor gripe for myself is that I couldn’t use the higher, more powerful shower option without flooding the entire floor so I had to use the disabled friendly shower as well. The hotel provide all the essential toiletries so customers don’t need to pack shampoo, shower gel etc.
The rooms were made up to a high standard every day and remained spotless. The cleaning staff were always friendly and pleasant.
In summary, this was a beautiful, comfortable and tastefully decorated medium sized hotel of a high, international standard suitable for customers of all ages. I definitely recommend it and am sure I will stay again to visit family in the future.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear janice337, I am delighted you had a great stay with us. Most parts of the hotel are wheelchair friendly with easy access to hotel itself and all our public areas. The winter deal you took advantage of is indeed a very popular one as it is great value for money. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to our team and we hope you will find the time to visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

I took my parents for a pre concert meal. My Father is extremely allergic to certain foods. I spoke to staff beforehand and they were very accommodating. Very attentive on the staff vending and said just phone ahead anytime and they would have something sorted for my Dad. Very impressed.
New Years Eve. We had an absolutely brilliant night. Food was splendid. Entertainment brilliant. Although I have no voice today. The atmosphere was just great. The staff were so lovely and I’m glad we were able to show our appreciation. One of the best if not the best NY I’ve had!! Congratulations you are all stars. I hope you are now having a well deserved rest! X

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Mannin H, General Manager at Mannin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2019

Dear 775joc, I have mentioned it before but its worth repeating: comments like yours make our jobs enjoyable and it is an absolute pleasure (instead of being just "a job") to look after you! We try to be as flexible as we can to accommodate any food allergies and I am delighted you were dealt with in such a professional manner.
New Years Eve - what can I say, I was lucky enough to attend it as a guest and I do agree with you - it was such a great night, even I was impressed :) !
I will make sure to pass on your comments to my team and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.