“Beautiful food”
Review of A Cafe

A Cafe
Ranked #173 of 400 Restaurants in Isle of Man
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stunning food and you won't go hungry!
I'd recommend the meat dumpling noodle soup.
Perfect for lunches

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed August 9, 2019

I'm not sure if the previous reviewer has got his wires crossed as this is not somewhere for a coffee but it is somewhere for the best chinese I've ever had. We go regularly for lunch. It's cheap, freshly cooked and delicious. An absolute hidden gem.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

Dropped in for a coffee on a sunny lunchtime.
Takeouts only, no seats available , despite being the only customers, and mostly in darkness.
Server not very amenable and had the feeling of going out of business.
Shame as it was recommended to us.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019

I walked past this place so many times, I am so glad I decided to enter this year. The service is friendly, helpful, nice & not pushy.
I ordered a Bubble Tea, which I'd never tried before but was pleasantly surprised, it is just kind of a sweet milky tea (cold) with bubbles in it. The Fried Chicken & Noodle Soup (I can't remember the exact name) was one of the best meals I have ever had, it was so warming and delicious, I loved it! The quality of the food is outstanding, I would have expected to pay a lot more.
I can't wait to visit again and try all of the other dishes! I will be returning to A Cafe every single time I visit the Island, possibly several times during a trip, it is that good!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic, authentic Asian food; true street food without the street food cliche. I walked by this restaurant for three years, it does not look appealing from the outside but when I discovered it a month ago I fell in love. I now go 2-3 times a week for lunch.

The food is not fancy or photogenic but it is great and authentic. I love the salt and pepper spare ribs as a starter but it is the mains I go back for. Best fried rice I have ever had, both the house fried rice (where the prawns are real prawns not the minuscule ones you find at most restaurants on the island) and the char siu roast pork fried rice. Normally not a big rice person but here it is great, to the point where I am picking each individual rice morsel up to eat, even though the portion is quite ample.

I had the spicy crispy beef today and that was fantastic. Again, a good size portion as well as great flavor.

They are also the only restaurant on the island that serves bubble tea and they do it well, the tapioca pearls are cooked perfectly.

Reasonable prices, great place for lunch.

Date of visit: November 2018