We had a quick couple of nights here without the children to celebrate my birthday just before Christmas and were delighted with just about everything - weather excluded! The hotel is in a great location, our room was a good size, clean and with all of the extras that you would expect, well stocked mini bar, Nesspresso machine etc.
we ate in the restaurant on the first night and had the taster menu which was fantastic, pre dinner drinks were had in the lounge next door where the service was great. The breakfast was really good with hangover beating smoothies, fresh yoghurts and fruit as well as really good quality cooked and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs! The last thing to mention was the unbelievable value - especially if you only visit for 1 night. We got dinner, bed and breakfast and our ferry crossing for just £99 per head!! I know that this was out of season but still, for somewhere that is likely to regain its Michelin star in 2014 I am still really impressed. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight