The food was delicious, but this is a review of the hotel... Our room was full of black and purple coloured scatter cushions which created a stylish impression and the large kings sized bed was most welcome. The free WiFi worked well. The location one layer above the beach and the esplanade walks was handy and also close to the town centre. The sea views were nice.
However little things niggled like ordering breakfast before dinner which was bizarre and even then room service was sorely stretched producing the wrong stuff at the wrong time, And the loo was hard work to flush, there was a dead lamp bulb in the bathroom. the shower was a bit feeble, noisy fans whirled away at the back window all night, and when one just wanted the news on TV it involved gymnastics with the DVD and then the TV and then the DVD wands. Phew. The accommodation was not good value for money, but the food made up for that.
How to get there? We came by Catamaran from Portsmouth harbour station and then the old tube train from Ryde Pier to Shanklin and then the number 3 bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high above the fishing harbour in Ventnor, The Hambrough (AA 5 Star Accommodation) offers accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and our award winning breakfasts are legendary. Although our restaurant is closed for the time being our bar is open where we are serving delicious afternoon and cream teas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Hambrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Hotel Ventnor
- Hambrough Ventnor
- The Hambrough Ventnor, Isle Of Wight