Windsor Carlton
$122
$133
$109
Orbitz.com
Old Park Hotel(St Lawrence)
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea viewisle of wightgreat place to staylovely roomsea frontcarolinetoiletteas
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Excellent location with an uninterrupted sea-view. Dedicated (free) parking in front of hotel. Owners were very welcoming and helpful as was Wendy the breakfast server. Our room (No.1), on the top floor, was immaculate, well-equipped and provided a great view of the seafront. There were a wide variety of breakfast choices, with the traditional 'full English' being freshly cooked to order. Overall, an extremely enjoyable three night stay in a comfortable and welcoming environment.

Room Tip: Room 1 has very compact ensuite facilities - not a problem for us, but it could be for those who are less mobile or larger than average!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have just returned from 2 nights at the hotel. Super room with a glorious sea view (room 2), exemplary service from the owners - personable, responsive and unobtrusive. Fantastic breakfast cooked to order. Only (very) slight gripe was the small shower / toilet and the sink in the bedroom. We would recommend El Toro Contento in Ventnor for evening meals.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank madre-maquina
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have waited a eight months to write this review because I wanted to make sure that my experience was not fully coloured by the emotional aspects of the event. I have waited and I am from this sober and temporally distant position, still appalled at the treatment we received on what should have been the first day of our honeymoon. We had a magical wedding day but unfortunately, in the evening my new husband fell down some steps at the venue and had to be rushed to hospital. En route, I tried several times to locate the number for the Windsor Carlton to explain that we would be late arriving but they were not listed and their website was too difficult to navigate from my phone. We actually live opposite the hospital and so, following cat scans and stitches we spent the night in our own place...instead of disturbing the B&B past midnight. We rang the Windsor Carlton in morning to explain the situation. Upon arrival at the B&B later that morning to finally begin our honeymoon (or mini moon - as we both had to be back to work in two days!) we were met by a scolding owner who showed little sympathy for our situation but was quite vocal about the inconvenience we had caused. We felt like tear away teeners as opposed to the thirty somethings we were. When I tried to explain my own indignation at being unable to contact the B&B I was given minimal response. There was no bottle of wine awaiting us as promised, the tea making facilities were minimal and the bathroom goods e.g. soap, towels etc. were not replenished during our two night stay. By the time we were due to leave I was very unimpressed but expected some show of good will when paying the bill. There was none. Despite the many vacant rooms mid week, the proprietor was completely deaf to any argument that we should have had a discount for the first night we missed. We had thought under the circumstances there may have been some compassion or consideration shown. Had we known that there would be none - despite several attempts to contact in the night, we would certainly not have stayed the remaining two nights - particularly as the atmosphere and service were so unsatisfactory. The discussion escalated in volume on both parts which was very trying, and not at all what we needed following what should have been a fabulous time. We are not entirely scarred from the experiece as we spent the summer travelling Europe - but that is not the point! I use these sites a lot - I find them incredibly helpful when looking for a good experience when away and I didn't want to let my subjectivity spoil anyone else's good time but I would certainly not want to give my money to people such as these whose greed, arrogance and insensitivity - not to mention shabby service - make them a very unattractive proposition. There are lots of much better options on this beautiful island.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Marie C
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel is superbly situated, wonderfully decorated and furnished, just 5 rooms, but ours was superb. Breakfast choice extensive and high quality. Being part of of an historic terrace adds to the charm of your stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MidlandsJim
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Windsor Carlton and it ranks as probably one of the best B&B's we have used. A beautiful property, with stunning views in one of the prettier towns on the Isle of Wight, the hotel is a real gem.
The proprietors are a pleasure to deal with to the extent of even helping us sort out the best ferry deal. The rooms are excellent - nicely refurbished, boutique style but not over the top, well appointed and spotless. Likewise, they offer perhaps the best breakfast menu I've had at a B&B, with unfailingly cheerful and friendly service. The real bonus though has to be price; coming down for the August bank holiday, we knew friends who were paying substantially more in very basic hotels across the island and who could not believe what we had paid for our lodgings.
The only tip I would give is be careful how you park, as it can be tight and the kerbs are high, so watch you don't scuff alloys.
We'll be back next year for definite - one of the nicest places we've stayed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple