“Update on poor review of 10th Feb 2014”
Review of El Toro Contento

El Toro Contento
Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Ventnor
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small restaurant striving to give excellent value for money. Plenty of delicious home made dishes from Spain. Constantly changing specials, genuine interest in cooking tasty, healthy and traditional & really authentic dishes. Informal dining in the tiny street level bar or dinner in the "dungeon". Excellent value Spanish wines, beers and cider. Paella available, freshly made to order. Lots of options for vegetarians, vegans & gluten/lactic free.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is further to my poor review of 10th February 2014. Thank you to the owner for offering a refund which I have donated to The Lottie Rann Charity. It was explained to me by the owner that they were on holiday at the time of my visit and their assistant chef was quite new. She said it was an unfortunate one-off & apologises. I appreciate this & I look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

What a bizarre place ! For a start there are only 8 tables-4 upstairs and 4 downstairs. Upstairs was full so we were downstairs on our own-it felt like being in a Dracula movie with a stone bat and a few other very strange articles hanging on the wall. But don't let me put you off my friends because the food is very good indeed. Pimientos stuffed with black pudding, chicken in beer, scallop with chorizo, an extremely generous plate of entremeses (Serrano ham, manchego, chorizo and other meats) all for £9. If you like tapas do give this place a try-it is very authentic.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We enjoyed our first meal at this restaurant so much that we went back again the next day. We had a selection of tapas the first day and ordered arroz negro (black rice with seafood) for our second visit.The food is very tasty and well presented, there is a lovely relaxing ambience - especially downstairs, and the service is excellent. If you like Spanish food then this is the place for you.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Visited here early April and has superb food. The service was great, waitress very knowledgeable about Spain and the food. Tapas choice was excellent and cooked superbly, the chef kept bringing more dishes out so a very relaxed evening, no rush. Small cosy restaurant with lovely atmosphere.

2  Thank yorkieboy2014
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very small restaurant with upper bar/restaurant area, and downstairs to a cosy restaurant. We had the choice of being up or downstairs, we chose downstairs which was a good choice. the open fire was lovely. The food is excellent and good service. Amongst other things, I had Wild boar stew (highly recommend). The whole evening was superb.