We booked to stay here because of the high reviews it had on trip adviser and were not disappointed in the slightest. A beautiful hotel that is well kept and of a high standard of cleanliness and decor. We were made to feel very welcome by Dave on arrival and from then on all staff we came across were polite friendly and happy to help. Our room was on the top floor (room 15), and was amazing from arrival. The sea views are amaxing and never failed to keep me looking out to sea. The room was clean and decor very smart with small touches such as towels, toiletries and a hostess tray for hot drinks. The pool looked very inviting though we never got round to using it. By far the best thing about our stay was the breakfast in the mornings. So much choice and all home cooked an fresh on the day from breads and jams, fruit salads and cereals and then choice of hot from the menu too. All in all an amazing hotel..... very happy we found it and cant wait to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havelock was originally built as a gentleman's residence and over the years has been sympathetically renovated and extended to provide a mixture of 22 superb bedrooms & family suites, 10 of our rooms also have sea views. Set in attractive gardens, near to the sea and with its own Mediterranean style heated outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September), we offer the ideal location to relax and unwind in friendly and comfortable surroundings at outstanding value. Open mid-March - November annually. Guest bar/lounge. Free WiFi available most rooms and bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havelock Hotel Shanklin
- The Havelock Shanklin, Isle Of Wight