If you are looking for a friendly, spotless, beautifully decorated guest house in a superb location, look no further than The Havelock, Shanklin. I have jusr returned from a four day break there, with my daughter, and we absolutely loved it. I had a single room which was a very good size, along with its lovely en-suite shower room, which was stocked with luxury toiletries. My daughter had a double room with its own private terrace, from which there was a gorgeous view of the sea. Both rooms were totally immaculate, the house-keeping being second to none.
The owners, Dave and Anne, were extremely friendly and helpful, both before our visit, via email, and during our stay, as were all the staff we came into contact with. The breakfast room was beautifully laid out with a host of individual tables and, if desired, you can reserve a window table. There is a good choice of food on offer at breakfast time and, if you opt for the cooked breakfast, this is served on piping hot plates. The staff are pleasant and attentive at all times.
The Havelock is in a fantastic position, being about five minutes to the beach in one direction and five minutes to the lovely old village, in the other. There is also the luxury of a heated outdoor pool which, although we did not use it, looked clean and bright.
When in Shanklin again we will definitely book into The Havelock and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havelock was originally built as a gentleman's residence and over the years has been sympathetically renovated and extended to provide a mixture of 22 superb bedrooms & family suites, 10 of our rooms also have sea views. Set in attractive gardens, near to the sea and with its own Mediterranean style heated outdoor swimming pool (open mid-May to mid-September), we offer the ideal location to relax and unwind in friendly and comfortable surroundings at outstanding value. Open mid-March - November annually. Guest bar/lounge. Free WiFi available most rooms and bar/lounge area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havelock Hotel Shanklin
- The Havelock Shanklin, Isle Of Wight