“Excellent all round”

Fine Nammet
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary British fine dinning restaurant serving local fresh produce.
Shalbourne, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went here for lunch on Saturday with family members and chose it as somewhere that looked like it had a good menu that might suit everyone. I had a starter of fish cake and pollock and chips to follow. Both were excellent as was my sister's vegetable bake. The honeycomb and chocolate icecream was good and my sister was extremely impressed with the lime and chilli posset served with gingerbread icecream. It was a reasonable price and I would definitely recommend.

2 Thank Amanda C

Tunbridge Wells
“Fully deserves it's ratings and reviews!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Had a very enjoyable meal here on Saturday night.

Their set menu is very good value for money, service was friendly and fun and we were made to feel very welcome.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant, we were very impressed with it!

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, Fantastic service, A real pleasurable experience!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a reservation for Fine Nammet on Saturday evening whilst staying for a mini break in the Isle of Wight with the Mrs. I'd read reviews on Trip Advisor and booked due to the ratings and comments that were previously shared on the TA site and as it was rated No.1 on the whole island, was really looking forward to our meal and Fine Nammet didn't disappoint.
Our table was booked for 8.30 and we arrived (walked from our hotel) 20 minutes early, understandably our table wasn't ready, but even still the waitress apologised and asked if we were okay to wait, no bother.... so we popped across the road to a bar to get a pre-meal drink. We had a few drinks and went back to the restaurant where our table was ready and waiting, with lovely slate place mats, ornamental candle and a warm and friendly welcome.
For starters we both had the scallops, perfectly cooked, nicely presented and the pea puree was just simply fantastic, I wanted to ask for a straw to lap up the last part of the sauce that my fork couldn't pick up, but refrained... ;) For main course I had the daily special of fillet steak and the Mrs had the Sea Bass, both were cooked to perfection and every mouthful was a pleasure. For desert, we had the Honeycomb and the chilli topped (whatever it was) with the ginger bread biscuit and ginger icecream.. Again, both were lovely. The service was superb, the ambiance was pleasant, we were made to feel very welcome, shared a joke with the lovely lady (I presume was the owner) and had the best night out I've had in ages. I can thoroughly having a meal here, it was one of those rare occasions where every mouthful was a pleasure.. We had two bottles of wine and the meal was a very reasonable price, especially for 3 courses of lovely food... The only downside that I can see is that it will cost you circa £100 to get to the restaurant via ferry but if you live on the island or are over for a visit, Fine Nammet is quite simply 'a must'.... Thank you for a lovely evening, we will be back. (and as for the two unfair reviews, Ignore them... They are totally unjustified)

2 Thank Matt D
“Fabulous again”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal here last Thursday for our anniversary once again absolutely wonderful food and service. love eating here brilliant

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“A Real Treat.”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have experienced Fine Nammet on a number of occasions and I can hand on heart say it is not just a fantastic meal but a wonderful experience as well.

I judge myself as a bit of a foody and always expect high standards therefore I am always happy to pay a little more when I eat out. A lot of the time this can lead to disappointment but this has never been the case with this establishment.

As well as great locally sourced meals the owner at Fine Nammet have taken it upon themselves to target customer service and it is a demographic of the eating experience that they excel at. Friendly and funny every course is served with a smile and a little back story on the ingredients and dish if so required. Its a very charming service and supplements the meal fantastically.

My personal favorite dish that is served in Fine Nammet would be the Sea Bass and it really is a taste sensation, its cooked perfectly and not overly seasoned which can be the mistake of many good restaurants, an oily fish like that needs a little care and thats exactly what it gets. Although the sea bass is my favorite myself, my wife and friends have never had a course that we haven't raved about, im not really a dessert type person so always go for the cheese with a glass of port, if you havent tried Isle of Wight cheese you really should, its fantastic and is served with a fine array of condiments.

Whether you are looking for a romantic meal or a lovely time with your family you really must give Fine Nammet a go, the only thing you will regret will be the fact that you cannot try all of the other dishes in that one sitting.

• Visited June 2014